Do you have a saya that fits this knife?

ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin

Do you have a saya that fits this knife?

Post by ChefKnivesToGo »

Here is our Saya section. http://www.chefknivestogo.com/sayas.html I know it's confusing but basically we put the knives that a saya should fit on the individual saya page. But our list of knives is usually incomplete.

Tip #1. If you want to buy a knife with the saya we often put the recommended saya right on the knife item page and it will drop into the cart without you having to hunt for it.

Tip #2. If you place an order for a knife, just buy the saya that is your best guess as to what will fit. For instance, if you buy a 210mm gyuto, simply add a CKTG 210mm Gyuto Saya (either A or B). We fit each saya to the specific knife so if you guess wrong we'll figure it out and give you the correct one that best fits your knife.
Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo
https://www.chefknivestogo.com/newarrivals.html
Kit Craft

Re: Do you have a saya that fits this knife?

Post by Kit Craft »

ChefKnivesToGo wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:19 pm Here is our Saya section. http://www.chefknivestogo.com/sayas.html I know it's confusing but basically we put the knives that a saya should fit on the individual saya page. But our list of knives is usually incomplete.

Tip #1. If you want to buy a knife with the saya we often put the recommended saya right on the knife item page and it will drop into the cart without you having to hunt for it.

Tip #2. If you place an order for a knife, just buy the saya that is your best guess as to what will fit. For instance, if you buy a 210mm gyuto, simply add a CKTG 210mm Gyuto Saya (either A or B). We fit each saya to the specific knife so if you guess wrong we'll figure it out and give you the correct one that best fits your knife.
Is the bunka saya the right suggestion for the 180mm kamo r2 gyuto? I found that one to be an odd suggestion but hey, if it fits, it fits.
ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin

Post by ChefKnivesToGo »

We're actually just finished making a dedicated 180mm Gyuto saya just for you Kit. Seriously, we just got them so you'll see them on the site soon. If we were not moving it would be today.
Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo
Kit Craft

Post by Kit Craft »

ChefKnivesToGo wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:42 pm We're actually just finished making a dedicated 180mm Gyuto saya just for you Kit. Seriously, we just got them so you'll see them on the site soon. If we were not moving it would be today.
Dude, that is awesome! That means I have to pony up and buy something that fits it. :P Well, I am sure it will fit a range. I already have a 180 saya that I rotate on 3 of 5 180s but the others have a spine that is too thick.
ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin

Post by ChefKnivesToGo »

PS Kamo's 180 doesn't fit and the bunka does fit. His knives are unusually tall so if we made this saya fit his knife it would be very sloppy on the others. Here is what fits this new one.

Harukaze AS 180mm Gyuto
Harukaze Blue #2 180mm Gyuto
Harukaze Western AS 180mm gyuto
Tojiro F-807 180mm Gyuto
Kato VG-10 Western Gyuto

It might fit the Saji but we don't have it to try at the moment. I'm also getting a bunch of Masakage 180s soon and it will fit those as well.
Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo
Kit Craft

Post by Kit Craft »

ChefKnivesToGo wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:01 pm PS Kamo's 180 doesn't fit and the bunka does fit. His knives are unusually tall so if we made this saya fit his knife it would be very sloppy on the others. Here is what fits this new one.

Harukaze AS 180mm Gyuto
Harukaze Blue #2 180mm Gyuto
Harukaze Western AS 180mm gyuto
Tojiro F-807 180mm Gyuto
Kato VG-10 Western Gyuto

It might fit the Saji but we don't have it to try at the moment. I'm also getting a bunch of Masakage 180s soon and it will fit those as well.
Thank you for that. 180mm Masakage, I am interested! I see on the Masakage site that not all lines come with a 180 or at least it is not listed. Interested in that Harukaze too. :mrgreen: Well, in this case the AS one specifically.
foodisgood

Post by foodisgood »

Do you have the walnut A coming back at any point soon? Waiting to buy a Takamura, but do not want to leave it unprotected. Typically I put my knives on a magnet rack, but that seems dangerous with this one. I’d rather also get the nicer Saya that fits this knife. Thanks!
jbart65

Post by jbart65 »

Sometimes these old threads don't come back to life.

Many users here have magnetic racks. Shouldn't be an issue. I dont have any sayas. I just use a Wusthof knife protector for travel. I'll get a saya or two eventually, but I still like spending my money on actual knives!
Jeffry B
Jeff B

Post by Jeff B »

I only have a couple of sayas, for knives that travel now and then. Everything else is on a mag rack.
If God wanted me to be a vegetarian he wouldn't have made animals taste so good.