almost finished monster 240mm+ by 64mm blade

Formerly Blackstone Knife Company

Moderator: timos

timos

almost finished monster 240mm+ by 64mm blade

Post by timos »

affectionately dubbed the "timkeda" by the customer :lol:

Its a beast modeled after the 26cs chef knife pass around. The customer wanted the same general shape and geometry but with the added height and length.

I think it looks good :) Graydon took care of the Wa handle and the ferrule cap.
Yes, I will make more! lmk. Ive still time for a couple more customs in time for christmas.

edit: its a lower quality image, assure you the edge and spine of knife are not jagged as in the photo

ImageImage
Tim Johnson
Oxford, MA

“In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s there are few”
--s. suzuki
Web: http://www.timothyjohnsonknives.com
Email: tim@blackstoneknife.com
Instagram: @timostheos
acaptainn

Re: almost finished monster 240mm+ by 64mm blade

Post by acaptainn »

This Timkeda will be living in my home, with regular visits to the bar and grille where I work.

Thanks Tim !
Kekoa

Post by Kekoa »

Nice! That looks like it ought to be fun to use!
acaptainn

Post by acaptainn »

Among other duties it will be breaking down 40lb,s of Pork Belly and 40lb of Chicken Breasts weekly. Taking over the Duty from my Shiro Kamo 240mm Gyuto.
aporigine

Post by aporigine »

timos wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 2:43 pm affectionately dubbed the "timkeda" by the customer :lol:

Its a beast modeled after the 26cs chef knife pass around. The customer wanted the same general shape and geometry but with the added height and length.

I think it looks good :) Graydon took care of the Wa handle and the ferrule cap.
Yes, I will make more! lmk. Ive still time for a couple more customs in time for christmas.

edit: its a lower quality image, assure you the edge and spine of knife are not jagged as in the photo

ImageImage
I’m intrigued by the other blade with the fascinating clad line. It looks like the output of a spectrograph.
“The knife is the most permanent, the most immortal, the most ingenious of all man’s creations.”
- Yevgeny Zamyatin