Custom request

Taz575 is back! Located in Connecticut, Tim Johnson (TAZ575) is once again offering rehandles, regrinds and full custom knife services. I make kitchen cutlery, fillet and hunting/butchering knives and EDC fixed blades as well as my own unique fabric and carbon fiber based handle materials.

Moderator: Marko Tsourkan

taz575

Custom request

Post by taz575 »

I had a forum member reach out about a special modification to some of his Nakiri. He found some Nakiri have the leading front edge of the blade angled forward a bit, which can cause issues like drag in taller ingredients. He wanted me to knock the angle backwards a bit, but not as much as a Bunka.

So I did this modification to a DaoVua Tall Nakiri, a Dao Vua 52100 nakiri and a Yoshikane Nakiri, which had the front nose like 1/4" way out in front of the end of the edge! All got knocked back a bit! The DaoVua Tall Nakiri got a thinning on my radius platen and the regular height nakiri got a full blade regrind on the radius platen, some thinning and the faux kasumi finish done to it to show off the edge quenching!
20230530_114334.jpg
The faux Kasumi where the soft steel shows up different than the hard edge steel:
20230530_112915.jpg