Old Classifieds New Forum

Please report any issues you are having with the forum here.
ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin

Old Classifieds New Forum

Post by ChefKnivesToGo »

Jeff asked me to start a new forum and he moved all the old classifieds that were sold there. I think it will help keep the active classified section tidy. It’s located right under the classified section.

viewforum.php?f=61
Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo
https://www.chefknivestogo.com/newarrivals.html
trancher

Re: Old Classifieds New Forum

Post by trancher »

Whoa! Looks like Jeff moved almost 2600 posts over to the new one. :shock:

You're the man, Jeff. How long did that take? Were you able to batch them with a keyword search or was this, gulp, a one by one eye strainer?
Jeff B

Post by Jeff B »

trancher wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:19 am Whoa! Looks like Jeff moved almost 2600 posts over to the new one. :shock:

You're the man, Jeff. How long did that take? Were you able to batch them with a keyword search or was this, gulp, a one by one eye strainer?
Lets just say, "it took awhile", I did it in batches during my spare time over about three days. I was able to move some by the page and many others had to be sifted through because they never got marked as sold, there where also many where the seller never responded if the knife was sold. I moved everything from 2020 and older regardless of how it was marked because I figured those posts where dead anyway. I think in time we will move anything that is at least a year old regardless of it's posted status.

There have been a few occasions in the past where a request was made to do something like this to help make it easier to browse the Classifieds. With Mark's help we've tried to accommodate that request as best we can.
If God wanted me to be a vegetarian he wouldn't have made animals taste so good.
trancher

Post by trancher »

Jeff B wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:51 pm
trancher wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:19 am Whoa! Looks like Jeff moved almost 2600 posts over to the new one. :shock:

Lets just say, "it took awhile", I did it in batches during my spare time over about three days. I was able to move some by the page and many others had to be sifted through because they never got marked as sold, there where also many where the seller never responded if the knife was sold. I moved everything from 2020 and older regardless of how it was marked because I figured those posts where dead anyway. I think in time we will move anything that is at least a year old regardless of it's posted status.

There have been a few occasions in the past where a request was made to do something like this to help make it easier to browse the Classifieds. With Mark's help we've tried to accommodate that request as best we can.
A big thanks all around to all parties involved, and it's very much appreciated. ;)

Now, go enjoy the rest of your weekend!
XexoX

Post by XexoX »

Jeff B wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:51 pm

If this is done (bolded, italicized sentence), I'd mention it in the instructions, just to keep people informed.

Oh, by the way, good job! Hope all the extra work didn't banish you to sleeping in Big Red.
You can blame Mr. Suburban for my being here. :lol:
The thing about quotes on the internet is you can not confirm their validity. -- Abraham Lincoln
All steels are equal if you can't keep them sharp. -- Jeff B.
gladius

Post by gladius »

Jeff B wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:51 pm Lets just say, "it took awhile", I did it in batches during my spare time over about three days. I was able to move some by the page and many others had to be sifted through because they never got marked as sold, there where also many where the seller never responded if the knife was sold. I moved everything from 2020 and older regardless of how it was marked because I figured those posts where dead anyway. I think in time we will move anything that is at least a year old regardless of it's posted status.

—-
Thanks Jeff and Mark! It was in need of clean up.