SOLD - Hinoura AS and Makoto Coreless

Here you can research prices of sold items.
mlb1988

SOLD - Hinoura AS and Makoto Coreless

Post by mlb1988 »

Both will be CONUS, PayPal Good and Service, Shipping included.

Limited/Special Makoto Coreless 210mm: Paid $475, asking for $375

I got this from RealSharpKnife, and for some reason this knife isn't on their site anymore, says *Page not Found* :( . I will try my best to give detailed info about this one. The spine thinness is really thin! Probably similar to Yoshimi Kato's Damascus SG2's spine thinness 1.7mm. The heel height: I would say around/closer to 46-47mm? Coreless Steel: Its VG10 mixed with V2, which feels similar and is akin to Aogami #2, its still reactive and not really reactive at the same time, I only cut it with cucumber :lol: maybe used twice. Basically its almost brand new! The handle is ebony, unsure on the rest like ferrule. I did not want to let this one go, but I have not used it for a while and I wanted to clear up space in my knife drawer. I have only strop this with plain leather. I would say its toothy still, I have not sharpened.

Hinoura AS 240mm (To avoid confusion, I believe this is made by Tsukasa's son, Mutsumi as I read, they are very similar in how they made their knives.) I paid $350, asking for $280 I can show receipt upon requests if needed.

I JUST received this a couple days ago from Cleancut. I have decided to keep my Y.Tanaka's So Ten AS 240mm instead of this. It was a hard choice for sure :cry: . It's still like new!
This knife has a very nice handle in Macassar ebony. The shape is octagon and the feeling is absolutely top notch. I have sharpened it once, then a strop. Its amazingly sharp, probably can go higher but I wanted to give this a test run for the fun of it, on a cucumber! :)

Weight: About 218 gr
Thickness mid spine: 2,35 mm
Blade height heel: 52 mm
Edge length: 245 mm
Steel: Aogami Super (64 HRC)
Cladding: Stainless steel

There will be more knives to sell, but lets start with these 2 till I figured out what else to sell. Thanks for your time :) any questions, I'll be glad to answer em!
mlb1988

Re: WTS Hinoura AS and Makoto Coreless

Post by mlb1988 »

Hinoura sold.
Coreless remaining.
mlb1988

Post by mlb1988 »

I'll take $300 for Coreless. It has the same profile as Makoto Kurosaki White #2. Just thinner.
DPham

Post by DPham »

I will take the Coreless
TylerLeach

Post by TylerLeach »

That might be one of the thinnest choil shots I’ve ever seen… laser!!
mlb1988

Post by mlb1988 »

Sold.