Withdrawn - Sakoda AS 180mm Gyuto

Here you can research prices of sold items.
-btm-

Withdrawn - Sakoda AS 180mm Gyuto

Post by -btm- »

WTS Sakoda AS 180mm Gyuto

This was the "sample" Mark listed for charity under the Ken's Corner section. I purchased the knife to give it a test drive and to check out a new maker to the website. The knife has been used to prep meals at home. I cleaned up the box edge on my Rika 6k but otherwise it hasn't been sharpened with a full progression. The grind is a nice and thin well up into the middle of the blade (as you can see from all that exposed core steel). It has little more meat at the heel and gets thin at the tip. It sails through onions and glides nicely through carrots. The defining feature for me is the flat profile. This knife is dead flat for 75%+ of the edge. For me this is just too flat. Rather than mess around with re-profiling the knife I thought I'd put it out there to anyone looking for a super flat knife or anyone curious about Sakoda.

Condition: Very light home use only. The cladding is very soft so there are numerous towel marks from drying the blade. Patina has already formed on the core steel. The edge is still in good shape from the Rika. As most of you know AS is good stuff. No kanji as this was a sample sent to CKTG. The handle is one of the nicer Rosewood/Black Pakka types I've used.

These are listed on the website for $269. This sample copy was listed for a discount. I'm asking $150 plus exact shipping (from NM). PayPal only to a US address.
[URLtarget]https://www.chefknivestogo.com/sakodaknives.html[/URLtarget]

(click pictures to enlarge)
Sakoda180.jpg
Sakoda_profile.jpg
-btm-

Re: WTS Sakoda AS 180mm Gyuto

Post by -btm- »

Withdrawn. Mods please close.
I might have had a knee-jerk reaction listing it. Something keeps drawing me back to this one....
Miles

Post by Miles »

lol. i do this thing where i inventory with all intent to list. I take pictures and then... nothing.
Hauscarl

Post by Hauscarl »

Haha true that! I have a category of “probably going to list” that knives have to spend a good amount of time in before I actually list. Call it a “cooling off period”
-btm-

Post by -btm- »

I've been pretty good about only keeping the knives I use regularly. I have been in the mood to experiment with some new makers and new sizes/styles lately though. I have to remind myself that sometimes the "experiment" part means I just need a little more time to adjust to blade length, profile, or whatever else is different.
Hauscarl

Re: Withdrawn - Sakoda AS 180mm Gyuto

Post by Hauscarl »

Well said sir