Hinokuni

Info on some of the new items and services available in the ChefKnivesToGo online store.
808HI

Hinokuni

Post by 808HI »

Aloha, I just registered for the forum but I’ve learned a bunch from all the posts and knowledgeable people. Thank you.
Anyone have experience with Hinokuni? Grind looks nice and the blade contrast is beautiful. Migaki-kasumi-kurouchi? Not sure if that’s right. I’m pretty sure the steel is shirogami #1, but the description also says edge steel shirogami #2.
Kalaeb

Re: Hinokuni

Post by Kalaeb »

I don't have any personal experience. Lots of competition in the space (white/iron clad), they "look" like good grinds and appear to be a good value. Profile wise there is too much flat in the back for my personal preference. That being said, many here like lots of back flat. Heck, at at that price I am tempted to try it just to play with it.

Some of these younger smiths are putting out some pretty amazing stuff at a great value.
Miles

Re: Hinokuni

Post by Miles »

808HI wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 12:21 am I’m pretty sure the steel is shirogami #1, but the description also says edge steel shirogami #2.
I’d certainly ask. It’s weird the whole series of shapes has that discrepancy.