Kanjo VG10 Black Damascus Bunka 180mm

See what's happening with current or completed "Pass Arounds". Forum members occasionally send knives or sharpening stones around to a hand selected group of participants for short term use and feedback/reviews.
MisoSatisfried

Re: Kanjo VG10 Black Damascus Bunka 180mm

Post by MisoSatisfried »

Bob is on the ball! I’ve got it, thanks guys.
I'm Dave. I don't take myself too seriously and you probably shouldn't either.
Bob Z

Post by Bob Z »

Got the knife this afternoon, was in perfect condition. Did a bit of stropping on compound then newspaper and she is sharp. Will have more details and comparison to my Kanehiro bunka next. This sure is a looker!
Bob Z

Post by Bob Z »

Parting is such sweet sorrow...so the saying goes and i said goodbye to the Kanjo today. Overall this was a very nice knife and my foremost thought is that it will make a great gift for most home cooks. Why?

Awesome looking fully stainless knife
Not as big as a 210 but still a usable size thats not too scary for home cooks
Fit and finish are perfect, and the handle is long enough plus its sealed so you don't need to worry about staining sealing it etc
Thin tip for detail stuff and works great for dicing onions etc

I made a few salads and diced up a bunch of onions garlic for some pasta sauce and all went well. Its certainly not a chopper as there isnt much of a flat spot but i didn't experience any accordion cuts.
Here is what you get:
Its competition in my kitchen: Kanehiro AS 165(The Shun kaji is my only other Damascus knife)
Kanjo next to 165 Kanehiro As Bunka