Show us your knife collection.

For questions/topics that don't fit into the other, more specific forums.
komarov

Re: Show us your knife collection.

Post by komarov »

trancher

Post by trancher »

Welcome to the forum, Komarov!

Nice set of knives. What's the petty in the middle?
Mowgface

Post by Mowgface »

Looks like a Kohetsu.
stevem627

Post by stevem627 »

Roaduck, I hate to be harsh, but your “collection” pictures are stunning…not in a good way though.

Sorry, but it looks like a bit of chaos.
komarov

Post by komarov »

trancher wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:48 pm Welcome to the forum, Komarov!

Nice set of knives. What's the petty in the middle?
Thank you
left to right is: I don't know, was a gift - Tojiro - a honesuki my friend made for me in a knife making class (1084 carbon) - Kohetsu - Nubatama - Moritaka
TheLegalRazor

Post by TheLegalRazor »

komarov, welcome to CKTG. I like the nakiri.
Ricardo
roaduck

Post by roaduck »

komarov wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:28 am Image
They are gorgeous knives komorov and stunning end-grain chopping board - most of my knives are cheap ugly things from aliexpress haha! I love your carbons and the ones with the kurouchi blacksmith black carbon finish on the blades.
Welcome to the forum komorov.
Last edited by roaduck on Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
roaduck

Post by roaduck »

stevem627 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:17 pm Roaduck, I hate to be harsh, but your “collection” pictures are stunning…not in a good way though.
Sorry, but it looks like a bit of chaos.
Haha stevem627 I totally agree - I am a very chaotic guy with a very chaotic body, family all over the World and 3 careers and `cos my kitchen is tiny all the knives have to be shoe-horned into little boxes, put in utensil pots and vases on the windowsill and knife rolls.
I have thousands of £`s GBP pounds sterling worth of scissors in a green hold-all in the corner because there`s no room for them anywhere and there`s a $7500.00 bespoke caidao in a wood knife box on the bench - you couldn`t even find it because it`s buried next to 30 other knives.
I have no drawer space, no wall space and no bench space - so I`m stuck between a rock and a hard place stevem627 - but such is life.
Where can I put 200 knives plus 100 pairs of scissors plus cooking implements ? They have to be condensed or they won`t fit in.
My kitchen is only about 12 foot by 8 foot and is so small that there is no room for a tall fridge - that`s outside the back door - it`s mental ! I have even crammed a table and chair and a tumble dryer in - it`s like a small caravan - nuts !
I live in a 3 bedroomed mid terrace house and I have a five foot dining table in a nine foot dining room.
The air fryer is on the dining room table `cos there`s no room in the kitch !
The living room /lounge is so small I have to have a tiny stereo because the two settees take up most of the room.
I have to use my saxophone box as a table because there`s no space anywhere.
The decent Hi-Fi has to go in an upstairs bedroom with the desktop `puter.
I have an 80 foot high oak in a 60 foot long garden plus a 70 foot sycamore and my concrete shed has a tree growing on the shed roof - it`s insane mate.
mauichef

Post by mauichef »

roaduck wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:06 am Haha Jeff B - you`re so right mate - I have no space in my tiny kitch - the drawer is deadly and so is the wall rack !
I`ll give you a prize if you can spot the 6 knives and 4 pairs of scissors on the wall rack - it`s chocka - haha !
The corner of my kitchen is not for children - or rodents lol !
What makes my sharpies lethal is my new Tormek T-1 diamond wheel knife bench sharpener - it even came with adhesive plasters - I kid you not !
If I get a cut or fall out on an all weekend vodka sesh I just put masking tape over the bloody thing or sew the wound up - I`m allergic to hospitals - now they are dangerous !
This is not a clever or intelligent post. It flies in the face of everything we stand for in this forum. You should not be proud of this and to show it off like you do makes me very sad and angry. May I suggest you edit your comments and your "collection". We are a group who cares about knives, cooking and the safe practice of these hobbies or professions. You are proud of your chaos but it is not funny or positive in any way. It is dangerous and insulting to the members of this forum and everything we stand for and try to promote.
roaduck

Post by roaduck »

I am sorry if I offended you or any other forum members mauichef it certainly was not my intention.
I was laughing with Jeff B and lamenting my lack of space.
Perhaps the British sense of humour does not always travel well to the other side of the pond.
My friends and family have always been unharmed in my kitchen and house.
Children are never allowed in my kitchen unsupervised which is safe practice.
I work for two homeless charities plus my Church and the Hare Kryshnas and never had any problems or complaints with any of them.I cook for a lot needy people and am out `til the early hours in the centre of the city in the winter.
I rigorously abide with local Government and national food safety and hygiene regulations and have never had anyone fall sick or get injured on my watch in 35 years.
I also sharpen, reprofile, thin and maintain knives for my friends and cooks in the community for nothing.
I also give my knives and scissors away to people who can not afford them to help them cook and mend clothes etc.
I can not edit my posts now.
Last edited by roaduck on Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kekoa

Post by Kekoa »

Quite frankly what other people do is no business of mine, but I think what mauichef is getting at is that your space isn't a safe way to organize things and such a set up should not be encouraged, although I don't believe you were trying to. It is your space to do as you please, I think we just don't want people thinking this is a good idea is all.
roaduck

Post by roaduck »

I quite agree Kekoa - of course I haven`t got ideal storage conditions and have to do the best I can in the circumstances.
What is the difference putting knives in a block or box or in a utensil pot ? None for all intents and purposes.
Having knives on magnetic racks on the wall is just as fraught with potential danger as my long knives on the windowsill.
All my best knives are in knife rolls or bespoke 3mm felt pouches.
One still has to make sure that the young, old or infirm are not allowed anywhere near them - that is common sense.
Logpog

Post by Logpog »

Finally figured out how the attachments feature works here! Not new, but I figured it kick off my introduction to this forum with my current favorite. 240mm wrought clad Yamada gyuto
Attachments
0A25C874-CF5D-4A91-99CC-634398672E44.jpeg
roaduck

Post by roaduck »

Logpog wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:52 pm Finally figured out how the attachments feature works here! Not new, but I figured it kick off my introduction to this forum with my current favorite. 240mm wrought clad Yamada gyuto
Gorgeous knife Logpog - nice one !
I love the black carbon kurouchi blacksmith finish !
Logpog

Post by Logpog »

Thanks! I’ll have to put together my knives for a full collection picture at some point. 😁
Kekoa

Post by Kekoa »

That is quite a nice looking knife! Do you know the steel?
mlmcasual

Post by mlmcasual »

I just recently got some knives for the kitchen..
palmke

Re: Show us your knives!

Post by palmke »

Bluenoser87 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:22 pm Here’s the current line up. 270 Mazaki, 270 Hiromoto, and 240 Anryu are off getting some work done but it’s just as well, they wouldn’t fit on this little table anyway :lol:

2F679282-4B2F-4238-822C-E88B36B02B21.jpeg
What's top right? The Bunka?
STPepper9

Post by STPepper9 »

palmke wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:52 pm
Bluenoser87 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:22 pm Here’s the current line up. 270 Mazaki, 270 Hiromoto, and 240 Anryu are off getting some work done but it’s just as well, they wouldn’t fit on this little table anyway :lol:

Wow. Page 1, you got me to look through 37 pages of knives in reverse order. :shock: Oh well, I guess I would have stopped if I wasn't enjoying the trip.
Anyway I think you are looking at the 185mm Shibata kotetsu bunka.
https://www.chefknivestogo.com/shkobu17.html
palmke

Post by palmke »

STPepper9 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:38 am
palmke wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:52 pm

Wow. Page 1, you got me to look through 37 pages of knives in reverse order. :shock: Oh well, I guess I would have stopped if I wasn't enjoying the trip.
Anyway I think you are looking at the 185mm Shibata kotetsu bunka.
https://www.chefknivestogo.com/shkobu17.html
:-), it is a great topic to browse. Thanks for finding it, looks like a real nice knife. Adding to the list