Keiai Series 7 Gyuto 210mm (Blue No. 2)

For questions/topics that don't fit into the other, more specific forums.
whisk(e)y

Keiai Series 7 Gyuto 210mm (Blue No. 2)

Post by whisk(e)y »

Search the forums (old and new) and didn't find any discussion about this knife. Any thoughts and/or experiences would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Full disclosure: I'm a total noobie and I already purchased the knife in question.
Chefspence

Re: Keiai Series 7 Gyuto 210mm (Blue No. 2)

Post by Chefspence »

Hey I did the same the other day. Didn't find anything either. It seems like a really good 210 with great profile, but I also wanted to get more info on it. I can tell you that they won't be around after this batch from what I've heard. You can also pm SteveG or mark. They are great at answering questions.
whisk(e)y

Post by whisk(e)y »

Appears that the line was discontinued because the blacksmith doesn't want to make it anymore: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
whisk(e)y

Post by whisk(e)y »

I received mine in the mail today. Thank you Susan and Mark for the fast shipping, excellent packaging, and great overall e-commerce experience.

Didn't get a chance to play with it much (had another knife in the delivery that I used to prep lunch), though I note a couple things about my Keiai: 1) sharp out of the box, 2) the steel around the heel is a bit rough, and 3) the spine (near the handle, where the taper starts) has an asymmetric dimple on the Kanji side (almost like the blacksmith gave the steel a extra punch). Nothing that I would consider a defect; more like character details from a handmade item. Very happy with the knife.
jacko9

Post by jacko9 »

I got the Konosuke Fujiyama B#2 210 Gyuto several months ago and I'm wondering is what I bought different from the Keiai Series 7? I went to the store site and answered my own question and I'm very happy with my Fuji B#2 Gyuto ;-)