Non kitchen stuff!

Taz575 is back! Located in Connecticut, Tim Johnson (TAZ575) is once again offering rehandles, regrinds and full custom knife services. I make kitchen cutlery, fillet and hunting/butchering knives and EDC fixed blades as well as my own unique fabric and carbon fiber based handle materials.

Moderator: Marko Tsourkan

taz575

Non kitchen stuff!

Post by taz575 »

Haven't had a chance to do much kitchen stuff lately. Got a 31 blade package back from the heat treat place, so I have been trying to get caught up on my other orders!

These are just about done! Gotta glue the handle and guard onto the little double edge poker, sharpen, etch and sheath both knives. Nitro V steel, larger one is a 4" blade, both have blue camo fabric handles on them. Guy wanted a double edge tuna bleeder knife and a 4" drop point for heavier work on tuna, like cutting and removing the collar and also bait prep:
blue camo tunas.jpg
Did a memorial Bird and Trout for a buddy in my fish and game club in memory of his son who committed suicide a few years ago. 4" Nitro V and custom Rainbow Trout scales. Shown with the blue camo tuna knife:
fishy.jpg
Working on 4 knives for my nephews for Christmas! I wanted to make a fixed blade version of the Benchmade Bugout pocket knife. The boys like blues and greens, so I went with blue/green camo fabric handles! Steel is Magnacut and blade is just under 3" long. First one is just about done! Needs the blade cleaned up a bit and epoxied into the handle and etched. Debating between leather sheaths or blue kydex sheaths.
FBBO.jpg
Kinda kitchen related, but this set of 8 steak knives is from premade blanks. Walnut bolster, black and white G10 handles with orange pins:
steak.jpg