WTS: Hunter Valley Blades (Tansu) 234mm B2 KU/forged finish Gyuto

This is a free service where you can buy and sell knives and sharpening equipment and kitchen tools. There is no fee for posting items but we require that you've made at least 30 posts on our forum before you post something for sale.
Forum rules
As stated in the description, we want to get to know you better before allowing new forum members to post items for sale. You will not be able to create topics until you reach a 30 post minimum. Please take your time and contribute to the forum discussions in a substantive way. SPAM posting to reach 30 posts is considered very bad form and could get you booted off these forums.

NOTE: If you have an item for sale and you are located outside the Continental U.S. please state your location so the buyer knows what to expect in a purchase transaction.
delmar

WTS: Hunter Valley Blades (Tansu) 234mm B2 KU/forged finish Gyuto

Post by delmar »

And another….

I ordered some customs recently and a Kono from Mark at CKTG and made the foolish mistake of counting the number of 210-240mm gyutos I had. The number was a bit obscene. I've got a number of knives that I have barely used, and I think it is time to pass them along. On the block over the next couple of days:

- 275mm W2 Carter Hopkins with custom handle and saya (already posted)
- Hunter Valley Blades 234mm x 54mm B2 forged finish, ironwood handle
- 243mm x 53mm Steelworks (Britton Steele) diondamascus clad CuMai with Nitro-V core, tschumi kuruochi top, stunning mammoth tooth handle
- 241mm x 49mm AS Moritaka gyuto, stock handle.

Pondering my Ikeda KS AS suminagashi gyuto with Pham custom koa handle...if you have interest, reach out.

Up next:

Maker: Hunter Valley Blades (Mert Tansu)

Blade: Blue 2 core, forged kuruochi wrought cladding

Dimensions: 234mm x 54mm

Weight: 8.68oz, 246g

Taper: 4.3mm above heel, 3.2mm midway down, 1.8mm about 2cm from tip. Nice distal taper, great nimble tip.

Profile: flat for back ¼ or so, soft J knife curve

Grind: Mert calls it a medium workhorse. I call it wonderful. Cuts like a dream, release is better than average.

Handle: Really nice piece of bocote with some heartwood looking differentiation. Single piece, wonderful construction and top notch mounting.

Condition/comments: I’ve got probably 30-45 min of use on this, never been sharpened, still has a very good edge on it. Patina is somewhat set in. Fit and finish, relief on choil and spine, little back notch at end of heel – all the little things add up to a really well-done knife. Frankly a bargain…hard to find these touches at this price point. Why am I selling – well, Mert just sent me the big brother of this knife at 248x55, which has a bit less kuruochi and more etched banding. I like bigger knives, what can I say. And they are a bit redundant, so the not-so-little-brother-gets-sold.

I apologize for the photos - a photographer, I am not. If you need more, PM me your text # and I'll send them.

$600.00/obo.

Venmo or PayPal accepted. Insured for purchase price. CONUS please. Canadians, PM me. I've had good and not so good experiences. We'd need to talk and workout logistics so it's easier.