What should I buy first?

For questions/topics that don't fit into the other, more specific forums.
shirleyallen

What should I buy first?

Post by shirleyallen »

I want to buy my first pocket knife but I don’t know much about these things so can someone help me choose one or steer me in a certain direction. I really liked the bench made 940 but it’s a bit too expensive I’d say 150 is my budget. I want something that won’t rust.
Radar53

Re: What should I buy first?

Post by Radar53 »

Hi Shirley and welcome to the forum.

Firstly my apologies as I know almost nothing about pocket knives, but I just wanted to give your thread a "bump" to keep it near the top.

There are people here who know about these and hopefully they will be able to assist you with your adventure.

Happy hunting
Cheers Grant

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not going to get you!!
ronnie_suburban

Post by ronnie_suburban »

Not sure if these would match up well with the semi-tactical 940 aesthetic but 2 knives I like within these parameters are the Ferrum Forge Stinger (Nitro V) and the Kizer Gemini designed by Ray Laconico (N390, S35VN). I think the Stinger comes in at around $90. The Gemini ranges in price based on which line you buy. In the less expensive Vanguard line (N690), I think they're under $100. For the more premium version, which has carbon fiber scales and S35VN, they're just over $150. And there are a range of Civivi knives -- too many to mention -- that will certainly fit the bill.

If you provide more of your preferences, it'll be easier to make further recommendations.
=R=
Half of cooking is thinking about cooking.
gladius

Post by gladius »

Osbourne's are very nice. Though not as slim, the Benchmade Griptilian line are an excellent value, real workhorses with most models within your budget - worth a look.

https://www.benchmade.com/tactical-kniv ... rder=price
taz575

Post by taz575 »

For a deep riding, light weight edc knife, the Benchmade Bugout gets the nod. I wear mine daily at work and at home. Its just under $150.
ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin

Post by ChefKnivesToGo »

I have one of these are work that I use to open and break down boxes. It’s small and makes quick work of them. https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/detail ... trade-/669
Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo
https://www.chefknivestogo.com/newarrivals.html