Having to log into the forum

Learn about the forum features, limits/restrictions, and how to get the most from your ChefKnivesToGoForums experience. Only Admins and Moderators can create topics. Registered Users can post replies to topics.
mauichef

Having to log into the forum

Post by mauichef »

Happy New Year everyone!
Is anyone experiencing problems with the forum? I am having to log in almost every time i visit. Even if I refresh the page.
Aloha!
Kalaeb

Re: Having to log into the forum

Post by Kalaeb »

No issues here. You clicked the "remember me" button, right?
XexoX

Post by XexoX »

I'm staying logged in. I do click the remember me botton like Kalaeb mentioned. I am hiding my presence though, as I stay logged in all day and thought people might assume (correctly) I have no life. :roll:
You can blame Mr. Suburban for my being here. :lol:
The thing about quotes on the internet is you can not confirm their validity. -- Abraham Lincoln
All steels are equal if you can't keep them sharp. -- Jeff B.
ronnie_suburban

Post by ronnie_suburban »

No problems logging in but on the store side, I have been asked to accept cookies with increasing regularity as of late.
=R=
Half of cooking is thinking about cooking.
XexoX

Post by XexoX »

ronnie_suburban wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:15 pm No problems logging in but on the store side, I have been asked to accept cookies with increasing regularity as of late.
I noticed some kind of change and I have to disable uBlock Origin to finish getting the store site to render correctly. If I don't, then most pictures won't show after the first screen of them. It needs to be off while agreeing to cookies. Afterwords, I can reenable it and everything works fine. Haven't checked to see which cookie is being set. Wish I knew enough coding to figure what script is running that causes this problem. It didn't use to be this way, so not sure if uBlock is blocking something new, or if the store site is doing something different. Didn't think of this when Mr. Chef asked about difficulties. You are wise Mr. Suburban.

Just noticed that even though I clicked hide my presence here, it is now showing my presence. I wonder if there is a time limit for that?
The thing about quotes on the internet is you can not confirm their validity. -- Abraham Lincoln
mauichef

Post by mauichef »

Kalaeb wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:08 pm No issues here. You clicked the "remember me" button, right?
Yep!
mauichef

Post by mauichef »

I think its my stupid computer.
Been having major issues for the past 2 months.
My main rig died in a brown out and took all of my data with it. As I am waiting for Apple to bring out a replacement I bought a temporary Mac Mini to get me through the delay. Because its a temp I did no bother much worrying about getting my data reinstalled on it. Then a couple of weeks later my entire Drobo backup system got wet (roof leak) and took out all 5 4TB drives and 37 years of my life and art work!
Right now I'm waiting to hear if it can be retrieved.
XexoX

Post by XexoX »

mauichef wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:31 pm I think its my stupid computer.
Been having major issues for the past 2 months.
My main rig died in a brown out and took all of my data with it. As I am waiting for Apple to bring out a replacement I bought a temporary Mac Mini to get me through the delay. Because its a temp I did no bother much worrying about getting my data reinstalled on it. Then a couple of weeks later my entire Drobo backup system got wet (roof leak) and took out all 5 4TB drives and 37 years of my life and art work!
Right now I'm waiting to hear if it can be retrieved.
That sucks. My heart weeps for you. I hope the data can be retrieved.
mauichef

Post by mauichef »

XexoX wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:32 pm That sucks. My heart weeps for you. I hope the data can be retrieved.
Me too my friend. Mahalo!
Ut_ron

Post by Ut_ron »

mauichef wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:52 pm Happy New Year everyone!
Is anyone experiencing problems with the forum? I am having to log in almost every time i visit. Even if I refresh the page.
Aloha!
Yes I have noticed the same thing. I just assumed they have been updating the site.
Home cook that enjoys sharp knives.
Jeff B

Post by Jeff B »

Hasn't been a problem for me.
If God wanted me to be a vegetarian he wouldn't have made animals taste so good.
gladius

Post by gladius »

This started yesterday for me too, like the default timeout has changed.
XexoX

Post by XexoX »

Not sure if anyone is still having issues with being logged out. I've been having them lately. Finally figured out it has something to do with Youtube. If I don't have Youtube in a tab, I don't get logged out. If I do have Youtube open in a tab, I seem to get logged out constantly. I think it is after watching something on Youtube, then coming back here. I'll refresh the page, then open unread posts in other tabs. Most of the tabs open up with me logged out. I go back to the tab I refreshed, refresh again, and I'm logged out. Most frustrating.
Jeff B

Post by Jeff B »

Hasn't been a problem for me, might try something simple like clearing your cache.
If God wanted me to be a vegetarian he wouldn't have made animals taste so good.
XexoX

Post by XexoX »

Jeff B wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:41 am Hasn't been a problem for me, might try something simple like clearing your cache.
Thank you Sir Jeff for the suggestion, but I clear cookies, cache, history, pretty much everything when I close my browser each night. I also shut down the computer each night.