Ketchup on a Hot dog? Mayo on Pastrami?

For questions/topics that don't fit into the other, more specific forums.
Robstreperous

Re: Ketchup on a Hot dog? Mayo on Pastrami?

Post by Robstreperous »

ChefKnivesToGo wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:23 am P.S. Chicago Dogs kick NY City Dog's Ass.
Don't look at me. I'm from Philly.
timos wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:17 am cheesesteak needs ketchup if im being perfectly honest.
Tim I like you and out of respect for our friendship I"m going to forget you wrote this.
taz575

Post by taz575 »

HAHAHAHA...wrong Tim, but I also put ketchup and mayo on cheese steaks, along with more cheese :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Robstreperous

Post by Robstreperous »

taz575 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:46 pm HAHAHAHA...wrong Tim, but I also put ketchup and mayo on cheese steaks, along with more cheese :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
There's a story about a guy who tried that is South Philly once. Nobody knows what happened to him.
taz575

Post by taz575 »

LOL, good thing I am in CT...the taxes keep most normal people out of this state!
7x57mm@gmail.com

Post by 7x57mm@gmail.com »

:lol:
atang

Post by atang »

Ketchup on hotdogs? In Nebraska, ketchup on everything including hotdogs. As long as there’s mustard too. Been a casual vegetarian since April so I haven’t eaten them in a long while but I’d normally reach for the chili garlic paste to put on hotdogs. Also the Ruben sandwiches rarely escape the mayo round here. Corned beef rubens too. Even pastrami sandwiches from the deli often have mayo. Though Russian mustard is a much better pairing with the spice rub.
XexoX

Post by XexoX »

atang wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:10 pm Ketchup on hotdogs? In Nebraska, ketchup on everything including hotdogs. As long as there’s mustard too. Been a casual vegetarian since April so I haven’t eaten them in a long while but I’d normally reach for the chili garlic paste to put on hotdogs. Also the Ruben sandwiches rarely escape the mayo round here. Corned beef rubens too. Even pastrami sandwiches from the deli often have mayo. Though Russian mustard is a much better pairing with the spice rub.
Is the hot dish a Nebraska thing? Although, I think it is prounced closer to 'ho'dis'. If so, do you have a favorite recipe?
You can blame Mr. Suburban for my being here. :lol:
The thing about quotes on the internet is you can not confirm their validity. -- Abraham Lincoln
All steels are equal if you can't keep them sharp. -- Jeff B.
atang

Post by atang »

Like hash brown casserole? Yes. We love meat and potatoes but we don’t call it the hot dish. I like the breakfast style. Potatoes, onions, peppers, ground sausage, bacon, cheese, etc. throw some country gravy on it too while loading up your plate. And ketchup is never out of reach when potatoes are served. Forgot to mention I also like the southern style hotdog garnished with a cabbage slaw. I don’t miss eating meat but sometimes it’s hard to pass up a bacon strip or biscuits and gravy😆
Robstreperous

Post by Robstreperous »

So last night I did a Peruvian chicken with a spicy chimchurri style sauce. (queso fresco mixed with cilantro, chiles, garlic, sriracha, etc.).

Don't think I'd put it on a hot dog, unless it was a bland one, but it just might work nicely as a sort of South American Cheese steak. I think I'll give it a try next time rib eye's on sale.