EDC knives

Taz575 is back! Located in Connecticut, Tim Johnson (TAZ575) is once again offering rehandles, regrinds and full custom knife services. I make kitchen cutlery, fillet and hunting/butchering knives and EDC fixed blades as well as my own unique fabric and carbon fiber based handle materials.

Moderator: Marko Tsourkan

taz575

EDC knives

Post by taz575 »

So what is an EDC knife? It is an Every Day Carry knife, designed for easy, discrete carry and performance in a wide variety of tasks. They often double as hunting knives as well. I use a variety of steels like AEB-L, CPM S35VN, D2, Elmax, 80CRV2, Alabama Damascus and other steels are also available. My EDC blades are either 3/32" thick or 1/8" stock, full tang or hidden tangs. Hidden tangs have a G10 or Micarta frame around the narrow tang to which the scales are attached.

These are all currently available!
Available EDC.jpg
Top is CPM S35VN blade, 3.75" tip to start of finger choil in 3/32" CPM S35VN. Handle is a G Carta handle Mexican Blanket Ridgeback with a black G10 frame. Model is called the BUK (belt utility knife) and is a larger handle, longer blade with cut out to choke up for more precision. The knife itself is around 10" overall and less than 5 oz. Very thin and slicey! Great for hiking/camping and lighter duty chores/meal prep. Grind is a full flat grind to the spine and then convexed.

2nd is a 3" Alabama Damascus blade with a Desert Ironwood handle and kydex sheath.

Middle one is 3" D2 blade (full tang) and Desert Ironwood handles, kydex wood pattern sheath.

#4 and 4 are both AEB-L blades with frame handles. #4 is stabilized Snakeskin Sycamore burl, with red G10 frame and white liners and kydex sheath. #5 is a Micarta frame handle and comes with a leather sheath.

Some others I have made:
BWC Elmax.jpg
4" Elmax blade with Dark Water TJ Lam handles and skull pattern kydex sheath

4" Alabama Damascus hunter with green micarta handle:
AD Hunter.jpg
LUK (Little Utility Knife), 3" AEB-L blade with 1/4" thick camo linen micarta scales.
LUK.JPG
taz575

Re: EDC knives

Post by taz575 »

Some EDC blades available!

2 S35VN, Orange G10 SureTouch and kydex sheaths:
2 S35VN blades.jpg
2 S35VN.jpg
3 in D2 and kydex! Top is vintage Tri Color canvas micarta handle, middle is D2 and bottom is stabilized curly koa, red and black liners and mosaic pins:
3 D2 blades.jpg
3 D2.jpg
taz575

Post by taz575 »

First 2 blades I made in CPM 3V! This is a very tough, fine grained tool steel that will take a wicked edge. One is .155" at the spine, scandivex grind and the other is 1/8" at the spine and a full flat grind with distal taper. Both are 4" blades and have black canvas micarta handles, mosaic pins and stainless lanyard tubing.
3v bcm1.jpg
3v bcm2.jpg
The scandivex one is already spoken for, the full flat is available!
Bensbites

Post by Bensbites »

Nice clean work!