Newbie baker/chef

Post great deals you've discovered on kitchenware like pots & pans, countertop appliances, knife blocks, towels and gadgets, etc.
Forum rules
Post great deals you've discovered on kitchenware like pots & pans, countertop appliances, knife blocks, towels and gadgets, etc.

Please do not announce deals from competitors on knives and sharpening stones. We reserve the right to delete posts that violate these rules.
ShaunieG

Newbie baker/chef

Post by ShaunieG »

Hi guys! Since the pandemic, I found a passion for cooking (mostly baking) and I've been taking online classes since then. Reading on it, I've learned that I need to have optimum materials and an environment. With that in mind, I'm planning to have some changes done in my kitchen, and maybe also expand it. I wanted to learn more about countertops, and when I looked it up, it's either quartz or stainless steel. I like the idea of stainless steel but I worry about the seasons. It might be hot during summer and cold during winter. So I'm kind of leaning towards quartz. What do you guys think?
Bob Z

Re: Newbie baker/chef

Post by Bob Z »

Hi: I have been in alot of homes as a Realtor, and have to say, Nobody has stainless counters (except commercial places). Lots of good reasons for this:

Easy to scratch would be first on the list. Wont be long til you have lots of different scratches in it and trying to sand em out will make things worse. This alone should change your mind about stainless.

Go with quartz. Its more durable than other hard surfaces like granite and needs less care. You can pick the colors that match your kitchen etc. It will improve the value of your kitchen rather than detract from it.