MK4 Closeout $69

Post great deals you've discovered on kitchenware like pots & pans, countertop appliances, knife blocks, towels and gadgets, etc.
Forum rules
Post great deals you've discovered on kitchenware like pots & pans, countertop appliances, knife blocks, towels and gadgets, etc.

Please do not announce deals from competitors on knives and sharpening stones. We reserve the right to delete posts that violate these rules.
Jeff B

MK4 Closeout $69

Post by Jeff B »

They are closing out the MK4, it is being replaced.

https://www.thermoworks.com/Thermapen-M ... 1&color=16

"Months ago we closed out a few colors of Thermapen Mk4 and continued building a shorter list of colors. Now we’re closing out the remaining colors. We know that there are many questions and rumors. Here are a few with some answers:"

FAQ:

Q: Why are you closing out the Mk4? Isn’t it the world’s best?
A: The Mk4 is in fact widely rated #1 and is the world’s best and fastest cooking thermometer. But something big is coming!
—————
Q: Are there any problems in the Mk4?
A: No. The Mk4 is the world’s best.
—————
Q: Why would I pay for the Mk4 if it is going to be replaced?
A: Because $69 is an amazing price that won’t be repeated. It really is a great, great deal on a thermometer that is the very best value even at full price.
—————
Q: Saving money is great but why would I want the Mk4 if it is going to be obsolete?
A: The Mk4 will NOT be “obsolete”. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the Mk4. If you buy one on closeout, you’ll get an excellent tool that will last for many years. On January 1 it will not go dead. Its internal software will not expire. It’s AAA battery will be available for decades to come. If you get one, you will be happy with it!
—————
Q: Will there be a Mk5 Thermapen?
A: There will be something new and amazing.
—————
Q: When will you say what is coming?
A: We promise that the announcement is coming soon — before the end of June!
—————
Q: What could you possibly do to improve on the Mk4?
A: The full story is coming very soon. It will be worth it!
—————
Q: Should I take advantage of this price before they’re gone or wait to know what the new product is like?
A: That’s always the dilemma when a new product is approaching. If you want to wait for the announcement before taking advantage of the Mk4 closeout pricing, we believe we will still have stock of the Mk4 when the new product begins shipping. However, we can’t guarantee the availability of any specific closeout colors. The $69 price is anticipated to continue until they are gone. Don’t expect further decreases.
—————
Q: Will the Classic Thermapen continue?
A: It will.
—————
Q: If I want the new product, shouldn’t I wait until it’s been on the market for awhile so all the bugs are worked out?
A: What’s coming is indeed a big advance but we’ve been working on it for nearly six years. The production line is running. Everything has been tested like crazy. This will be our most solid product launch ever. We’ve been making Thermapens for decades. We know a lot about this. I wouldn’t wait.
—————
Q: Can’t you tell me anything about the new product?
A: Yes we absolutely can on the day the announcement is made. It is coming fast.
If God wanted me to be a vegetarian he wouldn't have made animals taste so good.
XexoX

Re: MK4 Closeout $69

Post by XexoX »

Thanks for posting this. I meant to and kept forgetting. Old age will do that to you. :mrgreen:
You can blame Mr. Suburban for my being here. :lol:
The thing about quotes on the internet is you can not confirm their validity. -- Abraham Lincoln
All steels are equal if you can't keep them sharp. -- Jeff B.
STPepper9

Post by STPepper9 »

The new model has been announced:
https://www.thermoworks.com/thermapen-o ... 1&color=16

$105
Considerably Faster (1 sec.), a little more accurate (0.5*F), brighter backlight, apparently easier access to battery.
Robstreperous

Post by Robstreperous »

wow. I had no idea.. I've been using my classic and thought it was great. Never realized I was a generation behind.

Maybe I'll spring for the new one....

As soon as Jeff B points out to me it's on sale that is. :D
Jeff B

Post by Jeff B »

Robstreperous wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:08 pm wow. I had no idea.. I've been using my classic and thought it was great. Never realized I was a generation behind...
After July you'll be two generations behind. :o 8-)
Robstreperous wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:08 pm ...Maybe I'll spring for the new one....

As soon as Jeff B points out to me it's on sale that is. :D
Who......me.....? :D :geek:
If God wanted me to be a vegetarian he wouldn't have made animals taste so good.
Jeff B

Post by Jeff B »

STPepper9 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:53 am The new model has been announced:

$105
Considerably Faster (1 sec.), a little more accurate (0.5*F), brighter backlight, apparently easier access to battery.
Looks pretty cool Jessie, I can see a cook in a pro kitchen stepping up to it. But 1-2 seconds faster and .2* more accurate ain't enough to make a home cook like me spend the $105 to replace an MK4. Even the classic is pretty nice for a home cook, ask Rob! :D
STPepper9

Post by STPepper9 »

Don't look at me, I don't have any nice thermometers.
Robstreperous

Post by Robstreperous »

Jeff B wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:17 pm
STPepper9 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:53 am The new model has been announced:

$105
Looks pretty cool Jessie, I can see a cook in a pro kitchen stepping up to it. But 1-2 seconds faster and .2* more accurate ain't enough to make a home cook like me to spend the $105 to replace an MK4. Even the classic is pretty nice for a home cook, ask Rob! :D
I can see this being a pretty useful tool for guys doing smoking. Lifting the lid causes all kinds of problems and 1 to2 seconds matters.