tips

CKTG has a large amount of Edge Pro products so we've dedicated a forum to questions on Edge Pro sharpening systems, accessories and techniques.
joeshunt5

tips

Post by joeshunt5 »

How do you prevent the tip bevel getting so wide compared to the flat edge?
Otaku19

Re: tips

Post by Otaku19 »

Greetings joeshunt5! This usually happens when the knife you are sharpening has a large upswept tip and you have to angle the knife away from the blade table. This results in a steeper angle because the tip has moved farther away from the blade table and explains why the bevel gets larger at the tip. I recommend these two products that will make sharpening more enjoyable: https://www.chefknivestogo.com/edprosmknat.html

https://www.chefknivestogo.com/slguforedpro.html
Otaku19

Post by Otaku19 »

Otaku19 wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:14 pm Greetings joeshunt5! This usually happens when the knife you are sharpening has a large upswept tip and you have to angle the knife away from the blade table. This results in a steeper angle
I meant to say a lower angle
Radar53

Post by Radar53 »

Hi joeshunt5 and welcome to the forum.

Otaku19 has identified the core issue here and there are the two EdgePro items he noted that help from an equipment perspective. There are also technique changes / additions that significantly reduce this problem.

I have the small knife attachment, which is great, but I haven't tried the slide guide so can't comment directly on that. Having said that, some time ago I bought several standard blade guides & tried modifying the profile of the leading edge of the standard blade guide, creating a number of fixed but different guide profiles.

A few months ago there was another thread specifically on the slide guide here viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13388 where I expand on this a little and there is relevant input again from Otaku19 and others.

HTH
Cheers Grant

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not going to get you!!