Attaching Files and Linking Images - Info on Limits

Learn about the forum features, limits/restrictions, and how to get the most from your ChefKnivesToGoForums experience. Only Admins and Moderators can create topics. Registered Users can post replies to topics.
SteveG

Attaching Files and Linking Images - Info on Limits

Post by SteveG »

• You may attach up to 4 files per post. We currently allow GIF/JPEG/JPG/PNG/TGA/TIF/TIFF types of photo/graphic files and TXT/PDF document types.
  • The maximum file size of each attachment is 512 Kilobytes.
  • The maximum attachment image dimensions are 1000pixels x 1000pixels. Note: If your image is larger, either re-size it to fit or use the "Insert Image" BBCode and link to your source image location on the Internet with it's URL.
  • The system will attempt to create a 400px thumbnail of attached images. When you click on the image, it will display full size (up to the max 1000 x 1000px)
  • If you add images to your posts using the "Insert Image" BBCode and supply the URL to your hosted image file, the maximum width and height is 5000pixels. There is no file size limit, since the file is not being stored on our forum system. It's Internet location is simply being referred to for display in your post.
  • The system will scale your inserted image link to fit the current window/display width.
Below are some examples:
This is an attached photo that is 800 x 600px size.
This is an attached photo that is 800 x 600px size.

The Masakage Yuki images are linked using the "Insert Image" BBCode.

STPepper9

Re: Attaching Files and Linking Images - Info on Limits

Post by STPepper9 »

Steve, did you take those Yuki pics? They're awesome.
SteveG

Post by SteveG »

Yes I did, thanks. That was the first knife I bought from CKTG.
cedarhouse

Post by cedarhouse »

I remember those pictures from when they were brand new!
limpet

Post by limpet »

I'm really happy that the forum can host images this way. Hopefully this means more posts with images. I like images. Yes. :)
Bensbites

Post by Bensbites »

Is there anyway to get the forum software to downsize images? I am part of other forums that the software does this automatically. I tend to take photos from my iPhone, changing the size of the file is not trivial on the mobile device.
SteveG

Post by SteveG »

@Bensbites, we don't currently have any on the fly downsizing components. Once everything settles down on the new site, I plan on researching options. If you know what mechanisms the other forums are using behind the scenes, shoot me a PM. That would be very helpful.
Bulldog93

Post by Bulldog93 »

Along the lines of Ben's question (I'm new-ish, here).. do you have a "file uploading/ reducing" (I'm thinking photobucket or similar?) app/ software add on ...that you recommend for pics? PS.. whatever EBay does to upload standard pics...works very well. Yes, I realize EBay is quite large and loaded with cash and programmers!!
SteveG

Post by SteveG »

Many of the online image hosting sites have resizing tools. Imagur is one such site: https://help.imgur.com/hc/en-us/article ... ing-Images.

If you have a PC or Mac you also might have resizing tools in whatever photo software apps are on your system already.