Konosuke Updates

For questions/topics that don't fit into the other, more specific forums.
XexoX

Re: Konosuke Updates

Post by XexoX »

jacko9 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:58 pm I got home from golf today and noticed that I had an email notification that the Konosuke Fujiyama Kaiju was back in stock - can you imagine my surprise when I looked and it was out-of-stock ;-(

LOL -yeah right!
I confirmed my order, and it was out of stock. All the way to the last step, and still someone beat me to it! And the notification came a half hour later that it was in stock!

That will teach you to play golf!
You can blame Mr. Suburban for my being here. :lol:
The thing about quotes on the internet is you can not confirm their validity. -- Abraham Lincoln
All steels are equal if you can't keep them sharp. -- Jeff B.
Giotorres

Post by Giotorres »

Any chance to give more notice next time?
Is just frustrating to have waited for months till you get only 4 of them and then they hit the website within 15mins, I don't think that gives equal opportunity of getting one, You could literally have been taking a shower or something similar.
ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin

Post by ChefKnivesToGo »

Welcome to the forum. :)

I'm sorry you missed them.

There is really no good way to do this. The only way to make everyone happy is to have 50 of them to satisfy demand and that's not happening.

We'll get more so please try again.
Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo
https://www.chefknivestogo.com/newarrivals.html
XexoX

Post by XexoX »

Giotorres wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:21 pm Any chance to give more notice next time?
Is just frustrating to have waited for months till you get only 4 of them and then they hit the website within 15mins, I don't think that gives equal opportunity of getting one, You could literally have been taking a shower or something similar.
It is frustrating to be confirming your order to find out someone else got the knife that you thought you had. It is frustrating to be waiting for knives to come in, to have them go to people who just joined the board.

There just isn't a way to make everyone happy and what seems fair to one person, doesn't to another. At three different times, I've had a knife in my cart, only to get to the confirm order screen and have my cart empty. You keep hoping and deal with with the frustration. As a dear friend once told me, life ain't fair.
The thing about quotes on the internet is you can not confirm their validity. -- Abraham Lincoln
mauichef

Post by mauichef »

Giotorres wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:21 pm Any chance to give more notice next time?
It may be frustrating for you but not everyone is able to be awake or whatever, even if a time is pre announced. I have had to get up at 3 or 4 am sometimes to try for a knife. Comes with the territory! And it is certainly no ones fault that there are only 4 available. Everyone here knew they would be coming up any day.........The other solution is to make a set time to release but then the buyers/flippers who run bots for this type of thing win every time! There is no way to give equal opportunity. Its a crap shoot every time whether you try to buy a Fujiyama or a Kato!

Just imagine how the long termers here feel sometimes. We just keep trying :D
Giotorres

Post by Giotorres »

Is not a problem Mark
I was just thinking that we will get something like a day notice and was checking daily, But I totally get that demand is many times higher than production.
Well hopefully one day I'll be able to score one
Giotorres

Post by Giotorres »

So you guys are suggesting that spending 24hrs a day checking this forum is better than having a set time for a drop? Even if you are not in the same time zone (I'm not btw) you can set an alarm and get a chance.
Jeff B

Post by Jeff B »

mauichef wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:40 pm ...Just imagine how the long termers here feel sometimes. We just keep trying :D
Took me YEARS of trying to get the few unicorns I've managed to corral. You definitely learn patience and serenity during the journey.
If God wanted me to be a vegetarian he wouldn't have made animals taste so good.
Jeff B

Post by Jeff B »

Giotorres wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:48 pm So you guys are suggesting that spending 24hrs a day checking this forum is better than having a set time for a drop? Even if you are not in the same time zone (I'm not btw) you can set an alarm and get a chance.
Some stores don't give you a time or day when something is going to stock. Be thankful you get what you get here rather you agree with it or not.
Last edited by Jeff B on Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If God wanted me to be a vegetarian he wouldn't have made animals taste so good.
XexoX

Post by XexoX »

Giotorres wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:48 pm So you guys are suggesting that spending 24hrs a day checking this forum is better than having a set time for a drop? Even if you are not in the same time zone (I'm not btw) you can set an alarm and get a chance.
A set time, and the flippers and bots will get it every time.

Even though I'm logged in all day, I'm not sitting at my computer all day. And I had one in my cart, had entered my CC information, was confirming my order, the last step freaking step, and I still didn't get one. There are no guarantees I'll ever get one. Life is too short to worry about it that much.
enjay

Post by enjay »

You can set an email notification for new forum activity.
jacko9

Post by jacko9 »

I didn't mean to start an complaint session - I only replied in jest! I managed to get lucky a few times and sometimes my old age (getting up at night to go to the toilet) I actually snagged one blade at 2:00 am just happen to walk into my office and noticed one at another site and didn't hesitate. Konosuke is a small operation making these blades as fast as they can - I happen to sit in on a few of their Instagram Live shows and I was stunned to see how few blades they make and how few people they have that have the talent to craft these fine blades. I do appreciate Konosuke Fujiyama and after many years have purchased a few of them.
Jeff B

Post by Jeff B »

Giotorres wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:33 pm ...I get angry newbies getting the goods even though I'm an old timer here.
ChefKnivesToGo wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:15 pm I'm happy that our regular, repeat customers scored these.
ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin

Post by ChefKnivesToGo »

Hey guys, I understand the frustration and venting a little about the process is fine and welcome. I’ll mix it up next time like I always do to give everyone a shot. I also want to hear it if you have a suggestion on how to improve the process. We’ll get more so there will be plenty more opportunities to get them.
Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo
https://www.chefknivestogo.com/newarrivals.html
mauichef

Post by mauichef »

ChefKnivesToGo wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:02 pm We’ll get more so there will be plenty more opportunities to get them.
:D 8-)
Jason183

Post by Jason183 »

Or just buy 2nd hand through B/S/T, it’s just a tool, patience is the key, Back then you don’t see a lot of Fujiyamas but now I see them every once in a while in B/S/T.
Giotorres

Post by Giotorres »

Jason183 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:46 pm
Or just buy 2nd hand through B/S/T, it’s just a tool, patience is the key, Back then you don’t see a lot of Fujiyamas but now I see them every once in a while in B/S/T.
I don't think is gonna be many Kaiju in Bst for a long time, fuji I own 2. I'm not after older versions.
Jason183

Post by Jason183 »

Giotorres wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:21 pm
Jason183 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:46 pm
I don't think is gonna be many Kaiju in Bst for a long time, fuji I own 2. I'm not after older versions.
I know, I am planning to try them before 2030, if not then still no big deal, Perhaps buy from Jacko if he willing to sell his :lol: , I think he snagged one
Kosuke

Post by Kosuke »

ChefKnivesToGo wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:47 pm Kosuke, do you know´´this quote? It's what the Astronaut Neal Armstrong said when he landed on the moon. :lol:
First time for me!
Thank you for telling :)
aaoueee

Post by aaoueee »

Personally, I don't think that I'd change anything about how CKTG has handled the recent Konosuke releases. For those that prefer a specific release date and time with plenty of advance notice, other vendors do that, which comes with its own set of limitations, frustrations, etc. I missed out on landing a Kaiju (my credit card was DECLINED due to an autofill mistake--so close!), but I enjoy the hunt for rarer items almost as much as scoring one. Looking forward to the next round!

To Kosuke and Mark -- THANK YOU for everything that you do! To everyone that posts in this forum, thank you as well. While I'm not active with posting, I'm a longtime lurker and have learned so much from everyone here.