Tabata Hamono

For questions/topics that don't fit into the other, more specific forums.
Altadan

Re: Tabata Hamono

Post by Altadan »

XexoX wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:54 am
If you don't pull the trigger on the cleaver, I will! :twisted:
That's a thing of beauty!

+1 to all the rest ;)
And how much will it cost you in iimport tax? :cry: :cry: Ouch.
[/quote]

I've been feeling the itch all day... I didn't think as far as import taxes :?
There are so many beautiful knives to be had, held, heirloomed (or re-sold after a spell)
Sigh
That Tabata 210's profile, weight, height, steel, kanji... ticking so many boxes...
“If we conquer our passions it is more from their weakness than from our strength.”
― François de La Rochefoucauld
FisherMAn1298

Post by FisherMAn1298 »

XexoX wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:54 am
Altadan wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:52 am
FisherMAn1298 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:20 pm We love the new blood all the time Mark, as often as you can please. The website gets drained so quickly. If you want an Anryu these days you have 10 minutes from the time you post them and then they're gone until the next batch. With shipping being what it is now who knows when things will get here. I'm itching to pull the trigger on that kiri cleaver!
A little off topic but I'll say it any way. What we've all found here Mark thanks to Susan and yourself is a community to be a part of. Many of us don't buy anywhere else, preferring to wait for new product than chase it elsewhere online. When someone posts something for sale, people are on the lookout to make sure nobody here gets taken for a ride. We all feel a part of it and responsible for it's protection. Thank you Susan and Mark, we love CKTG and we all agree you guys are the best! I can't wait for the Daovua group to send the new 521-- steel version of their knives, they have such great shapes to their blades plus the handles are smoking! This is The best forum, we belong to it and participate in it, protect it, learn from it! All through your good works!
If you don't pull the trigger on the cleaver, I will! :twisted:
That's a thing of beauty!

+1 to all the rest ;)
And how much will it cost you in import tax? :cry: :cry: Ouch.
I've been staring at that cleaver for days. I finally pulled the trigger on it! She's mine now. Can't wait to put her through her paces!
In the immortal words of Ken Schwartz-"Master The 1K."
FisherMAn1298

Post by FisherMAn1298 »

I'm going to tell my wife this purchase was all your fault Xerox, you forced my hand when I thought you'd beat me to the buy!
XexoX

Post by XexoX »

FisherMAn1298 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:44 pm I'm going to tell my wife this purchase was all your fault Xerox, you forced my hand when I thought you'd beat me to the buy!
Sounds fair to me. I am an enabler and proud of it! :mrgreen: You can tell her that!

But really, you needn't have worried, I just bought a Sakoda AS Petty 150mm and last week I bought some of the e-gift cards. Planning on a gift for someone, if the knife ever comes in. No more knifes for a few months. Property tax and home owners insurance the next couple of months really hits my budget.

Let us know how you like the cleaver. I am interested and it looks great. Tell your wife it is an investment, mention it in your will. Passing it down in the family with a rich legacy. It will be a family treasure and heirloom in a 100 years or so.
You can blame Mr. Suburban for my being here. :lol:
The thing about quotes on the internet is you can not confirm their validity. -- Abraham Lincoln
All steels are equal if you can't keep them sharp. -- Jeff B.
FisherMAn1298

Post by FisherMAn1298 »

I just mounted a brand new buffing machine on a cast iron stand and I'm finishing the polish job on the forum petty! Then its on to another cleaver, the daovua piranha cleaver! I've got a 170mm bunka in hap40 and a 240 sujihiki in same. A Yanagiba 270mm by Tojiro that I'm replacing the handle on. I also bought a Murata blue #1 165mm with a very nice handle. Lastly, a Moritaka 210mm gyuto, a very sturdy blade in AS that will cut anything! All in maybe 3 months. The fever is raging, time to slow down and rest p. Christmas is coming! I see a Tabata in my stocking this year!
Wassabi777

Post by Wassabi777 »

Those scissors look crazy. Highly inspiring video.