Classified Updated Rules.

This is a free service where you can buy and sell knives and sharpening equipment and kitchen tools. There is no fee for posting items but we require that you've made at least 30 posts on our forum before you post something for sale.
Forum rules
As stated in the description, we want to get to know you better before allowing new forum members to post items for sale. You will not be able to create topics until you reach a 30 post minimum. Please take your time and contribute to the forum discussions in a substantive way. SPAM posting to reach 30 posts is considered very bad form and could get you booted off these forums.

NOTE: If you have an item for sale and you are located outside the Continental U.S. please state your location so the buyer knows what to expect in a purchase transaction.
ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin

Classified Updated Rules.

Post by ChefKnivesToGo »

Hi Guys,

This is a popular section and we encourage you to use it to sell the knives you want to let go to other members. The general idea is to please treat others as you would like to be treated. We're exchanging knives here between forum friends.

Here are some specific rules we want followed to keep things on track.

Thanks!

Mark

As stated in the description, we want to get to know you better before allowing new forum members to post items for sale. You will not be able to create topics until you reach a 30 post minimum. Please take your time and contribute to the forum discussions in a substantive way. SPAM posting to reach 30 posts is considered very bad form and could get you booted off these forums.

All ads MUST include a full description of the item, sale price and photographs. No auction type sales will be allowed.

Start your title with either WTS, WTT or WTB. PLEASE POST WHEN THE ITEM HAS SOLD!

This forum is for knives and accessories for sale by forum members. It is not to be used for selling services or off topic items.

PayPal rules prohibit any seller requesting Friends/Families payments or for asking a buyer to pay fees. Any ads that do not comply with these rules will be removed.
You can do what you want in private but do remember that PayPal is there to protect both the buyer and seller should things go wrong.

Please do not make negative comments on classified threads. Positive statements about the item or seller are welcome.
NOTE: If you have an item for sale and you are located outside the Continental U.S. please state your location so the buyer knows what to expect in a purchase transaction.
Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo
https://www.chefknivestogo.com/newarrivals.html
CacahuateSommelier

Re: Classified Updated Rules.

Post by CacahuateSommelier »

Thanks again for having the classifieds Mark!
Grandprix

Post by Grandprix »

The classified is indeed a boon to all of us. Thank you for the forum, and for the update. Noted.
Thanks Mark!
datster

Post by datster »

The classifieds are great! They help me decide where the little bit of money I didn't spend at CKTG can go to! LOL!
Chefspence

Post by Chefspence »

No probs. Tough to make any money back on cheap knives though. Only reason I like f/f through PayPal. But as stated, things can be worked out privately. I will try to remember the new rules when I post.
mauichef

Post by mauichef »

Chefspence wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:21 pm No probs. Tough to make any money back on cheap knives though. Only reason I like f/f through PayPal. But as stated, things can be worked out privately. I will try to remember the new rules when I post.
Yes I hear you buddy but 3% is not gonna break the deal or the bank and it keeps things on the up and up.
I have had several bad experiences buying and selling knives and I for one am glad for the protection PP gives me and the other party.
Kalaeb

Post by Kalaeb »

mauichef wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:52 pm
Chefspence wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:21 pm No probs. Tough to make any money back on cheap knives though. Only reason I like f/f through PayPal. But as stated, things can be worked out privately. I will try to remember the new rules when I post.
Yes I hear you buddy but 3% is not gonna break the deal or the bank and it keeps things on the up and up.
I have had several bad experiences buying and selling knives and I for one am glad for the protection PP gives me and the other party.
Right, I never buy if they ask for F/F. I am not sure what changed, I thought these were always the rules...
nevrknow

Post by nevrknow »

I'm with Ray. 3% shouldn't break a sale. If you need the clams just price adjust. Easy peasy. 😀
Jeff B

Post by Jeff B »

Kalaeb wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:08 pm
Right, I never buy if they ask for F/F. I am not sure what changed, I thought these were always the rules...
I'm right there with you, I never pay through F/F. If I know and trust the buyer, and really want the item, I will pay the fees myself to protect from worldly gremlins that like to interfere with things after it is out of the sellers hands.
If God wanted me to be a vegetarian he wouldn't have made animals taste so good.
nakneker

Post by nakneker »

Thanks for the classifieds. It’s fun to visit and a handy place to sell or buy. Easy rules to follow, thanks for the reminder.
“The goal is to die with memories, not dreams.”
Drsmp

Post by Drsmp »

The 3% that PayPal charges is very cheap insurance to insure that both buyer and seller have a good transaction. I also belong to a coin message board. In the last 6 years I have seen numerous high dollar Friends and Family deals go south when long time message board members ran into personal or financial problems and didn’t ship.
mdl130

Post by mdl130 »

I'd like to add that selling using the goods and services option can add an additional protection for the seller by requiring that the buyer input their address at the time of payment. Paypal allows the seller to print out a shipping label directly from the paypal site and you can use the address as entered by the buyer. Any mistake would then be on the buyer and not a result of the seller typing out the wrong address.
Cutuu

Post by Cutuu »

Plus, can you really be trusted Spence ;) :lol:
Huntdad

Post by Huntdad »

thanks mark
mauichef

Post by mauichef »

Please remember to Start your title with either WTS, WTT or WTB. Let the mods know when the item has sold.
Raymond3

Post by Raymond3 »

Hi Mark, I have been away from this forum for a long time. Apparently, with the conversion to this new system, the old threads are no longer visible. Is it possible to have access to some of those old threads?

Also, would it be possible to credit contributions during those past years to members post numbers so that they can sell?

Thank you!
Ray
STPepper9

Post by STPepper9 »

Hi Raymond, I think SteveG was the one who was fixing people's post counts back when the forum site changed. I don't think he's been on in a while though.. I think your best bet would be to try sending him, Mark, or Mauichef a private message and in the meantime post a bit to bring your numbers up (without spamming, obviously).

You can read the old forum here.
https://www.chefknivestogoforum.com

Good luck
Raymond3

Post by Raymond3 »

STPepper9 wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 11:06 pm Hi Raymond, I think SteveG was the one who was fixing people's post counts back when the forum site changed. I don't think he's been on in a while though.. I think your best bet would be to try sending him, Mark, or Mauichef a private message and in the meantime post a bit to bring your numbers up (without spamming, obviously).

You can read the old forum here.
https://www.chefknivestogoforum.com

Good luck
Thank you very much!

I appreciate the link to the old forums too. There is some significant information oh sharpening that I wanted to keep.
Stay healthy!
Raymond3

Post by Raymond3 »

https://www.chefknivestogoforum.com/imp ... t8437.html

This is the thread that I was particularlly looking for. And, it reminded me that my forum name was only Raymond, not Raymond3 as it is on the new forum.

Thank you again for your help!
Dawgfish

Post by Dawgfish »

I have just sold my first knife and am struggling to find out how to change the title to include sold, or otherwise let the mods know. I posted that it sold but want to make sure I have it right. Thanks!