Dalman cleaver pass around/"give away" (details inside)

See what's happening with current or completed "Pass Arounds". Forum members occasionally send knives or sharpening stones around to a hand selected group of participants for short term use and feedback/reviews.
crockerculinary

Dalman cleaver pass around/"give away" (details inside)

Post by crockerculinary »

Hey folks, just wanted to give a heads up about a "give away/pass around" for a rad knife i will be doing soon.

this is the knife
20c carbon steel honyaki blade with a stabilized birch handle and a nickel silver bolster. S grind with varying edge geometry for maximum awesomeness.

First a little background-

About a month ago, Robin Dalman, knife maker extraordinaire decided to do a giveaway for reaching 10,000 follower on Instagram. He decided to give away his personal cleaver, a pretty great blade with some fun complex geometry, and, while maybe not the most ornate of knives, it is beautiful, and a killer piece of kit.

Anyhoo, Robins contest (original post here- https://www.instagram.com/p/Bsn7K_MBSqU/) was basically to comment why you should get the knife, with he and his young daughter deciding the winner. my comment was the winner, which said-

"If I could win this knife, I would use it, post some pics and videos of it in action, and then in one month I would give it away again, with part of the rules of that giveaway being the promise that the winner, after a month, will also give it away." (considering stretching it out to 2 months cause 1 is a bit of a tease.)

So that brings us to now. i have had the knife for about 3 weeks, and next weekend, I will be "giving away" this knife on Instagram, so you will need to be following me if you would like to participate.
https://www.instagram.com/crockerculinary
(And if you arent already following Robin, you should. He's amazing https://www.instagram.com/dalmanknives)
I have no idea what hoops i will ask you all to jump through, or what the rules will be or any of that yet, but i would love to see the knife community embrace this as a fun "pay it forward" kind of thing and get creative with it, at the same time give Robin a little more exposure, as he is super talented, and just a super supportive guy to the community as a whole.

So thats it, if interested get on instagram and keep an eye out. If you arent on Instagram, get it together Grandpa(ma). JK, but youre SOL anyway. Cheers!

(Admins- I dont think it does, but if this violates any rules of the site, my sincere apologies. Please let me know and i will adjust as necessary)
Last edited by crockerculinary on Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kalaeb

Re: Dalman cleaver pass around/"give away" (details inside)

Post by Kalaeb »

Cool.
Altadan

Post by Altadan »

Kalaeb wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:12 pmCool.
+1
“If we conquer our passions it is more from their weakness than from our strength.”
― François de La Rochefoucauld
Cutuu

Post by Cutuu »

Ohh, I want this!
ashy2classy

Post by ashy2classy »

YO I'm in!
MisoSatisfried

Post by MisoSatisfried »

Love it, nice work man!
I'm Dave. I don't take myself too seriously and you probably shouldn't either.
yparker932

Post by yparker932 »

I wish I saw this earlier, fantastic knife
Bensbites

Post by Bensbites »

yparker932 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:00 pm I wish I saw this earlier, fantastic knife
you can follow the traveling cleaver on Instagram, its still out there