Kohetsu VG10 Damascus

ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin

Kohetsu VG10 Damascus

Post by ChefKnivesToGo »

Here was my Favorite review of the 20 or so we got today.

Listen, this line of knives is just gorgeous... the Damascus pattern is bold & beautiful. The European style handles are familiar & comfortable. The handles aren’t as well finished as some higher-end knives, but you probably won’t notice while cutting... I only noticed when closely admiring the knives. I certainly wouldn’t hesitate to buy again if I could go back in time. I bought these for my wife (3 of them from this line of knives) and she was blown away. I also bought her mahogany covered magnetic knife rack to mount them on above the stove in order to display them. She has sent pictures to her family & friends... but nothing can compare to seeing them & using them in person. The all stainless steel construction was a plus because she previously abused my knives, but since owning these she washes them & dries them immediately and puts them back on her magnet rack (she also stays away from my knives! lol). As far as sharpness goes, they are razors. I sharpen knives down to a 4 leather strop process myself, but out of the box (also beautiful boxes- she displays them above our cabinets with her antiques) I saw no need to touch them up. For me personally, I prefer the Enso HD line (look into Yaxell knives also), but I’m very very glad I did my research to find these as a gift for my wife. She is too! I also like seeing them displayed on the wall, and I like that she carefully cares for them after use... their beauty sorta demands it. (For so long I tried to teach her to keep knives out of the dishwasher, to dry them by hand, etc... these were the best teacher!). In short, don’t hesitate to pull the trigger on this line of knives. They are very functional works of art.
https://www.chefknivestogo.com/kovgdape12.html
Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo
https://www.chefknivestogo.com/newarrivals.html