Carbon Skillets

Post great deals you've discovered on kitchenware like pots & pans, countertop appliances, knife blocks, towels and gadgets, etc.
Forum rules
Post great deals you've discovered on kitchenware like pots & pans, countertop appliances, knife blocks, towels and gadgets, etc.

Please do not announce deals from competitors on knives and sharpening stones. We reserve the right to delete posts that violate these rules.
Jeff B

Re: Carbon Skillets

Post by Jeff B »

Bob Z wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:16 pm ...discovered the bottom was "domed"...so i emailed the folks at Smithey...And they replied they were made that way...and sadly I sent it back.
Excuse my ignorance but what would be the purpose of making it this way? :?
If God wanted me to be a vegetarian he wouldn't have made animals taste so good.
Bob Z

Post by Bob Z »

Jeff B wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:17 pm
Bob Z wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:16 pm ...discovered the bottom was "domed"...so i emailed the folks at Smithey...And they replied they were made that way...and sadly I sent it back.
Good question Jeff, all they said was its made that way. There was no explanation of why.
Kalaeb

Post by Kalaeb »

Bob Z wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:16 am
Jeff B wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:17 pm
Good question Jeff, all they said was its made that way. There was no explanation of why.
Wouldn't the convexed section flatten out when up to temp? Curious if you preheat if it goes away?