Email about the Tojiro Bread Knife

ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin

Email about the Tojiro Bread Knife

Post by ChefKnivesToGo »

I thought I would share this nice email by one of our regulars...

Hello,

I am a repeat customer of yours, I had bought my first Japanese knife from you around 2017, a Kohetsu HAP40 Nakiri. It still looks as good as the first day I had received it and functions perfectly. Even though I don't have the skill level to sharpen it to the level that knife can reach, it can still shave hair on my arm. I DO like that knife!

Yesterday I received my order for this Tojiro bread knife https://www.chefknivestogo.com/toobvgbrkn.html which I had put in the order a few days back.
This knife also goes beyond my expectation. The way these Japanese knifes come in their elegant paper boxes, like jewelery do, tells you from start that they are special.
This Tojiro has perfect fit and finish, more industrial production looking than Kohetsu. I actually do like the Kohetsu's less industrial more hand made production aspect also.

I have not used the knife yet. I only washed the blade to get any left-over oil off of its surface. But while washing it with dishwashing sponge, it clean sliced off a chunk of the sponge, to my astonishment! I had expected it to be sharp and was being careful with it, but I had not expected it to be that sharp being a serrated bread knife! This knife is scary sharp.

This also demonstrated me that I should spend more effort and patience while sharpening my HAP40 Kohetsu because this Tojioro bread knife is currently sharper currently my Kohetsu in its current condition.

All above I wrote was some of my feedback. The main reason I am writing this email to you is to tell that I am a rarely shopping but happy customer of yours.
In this age where companies like Amazon have monopoly in the retail space, small enterprises like yours (I am assuming) are rare unfortunately.
At the shipping label on the shipping box I received from you, the from address had a real person's name, which again is telling someone personally packaged and sent it.
I wanted to send you this email to let you know that I appreciate your service.
I know that if I ever need a kitchen knife, I can go to your website and order a quality one without worry if it is what it claims to be or some junk knife claiming to be Japanese only by marketing and so on.

Thanks and wish you continued success!

A
Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo
https://www.chefknivestogo.com/newarrivals.html