Sold items in classifieds not getting marked sold

Please report any issues you are having with the forum here.
Bob Z

Sold items in classifieds not getting marked sold

Post by Bob Z »

Im not sure how this is supposed to work and dont want to cause any problems but it seems lately items that were sold/found aren't getting marked sold in the title. If we were allowed to edit the title of out posts or have a button to mark them sold/closed that would be great.
LaVieestBelle

Re: Sold items in classifieds not getting marked sold

Post by LaVieestBelle »

I have a suggestion for the organization of the classifieds....just a thought.

I am a member of a purse forum (though now I seem to be spending more on knives...). There is a classified section there as well. When an item sells, it is moved entirely out of the active threads and moved to a new category called “graveyard.” The graveyard is for all completed auctions.

This way, you don’t have to go through pages of listings to try to sort through what is and isn’t still active—all active listings “live” under the Completely separate Graveyard heading. But the graveyard category helps when someone is trying to do research or has other questions about a particular knife.

I’d love to see all finished listings moved to a separate page! Just my thoughts....
mauichef

Post by mauichef »

Bob Z wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:14 pm Im not sure how this is supposed to work and dont want to cause any problems but it seems lately items that were sold/found aren't getting marked sold in the title. If we were allowed to edit the title of out posts or have a button to mark them sold/closed that would be great.
We are always on this as soon as it is made news. Unfortunately many times sellers do not post the sale or the items are very old and we do not have time to go back through pages of classified to see these.
Also, recently there are more ads being posted without the necessary prefixes. Including those helps the sale and also helps us keep on it more.

Adding features to this forum like that suggested (very good idea!) is almost impossible. We are still waiting for a patch on the message delete issue. Sorry guys we are at the mercy of the forum builders in many cases.
LaVieestBelle

Post by LaVieestBelle »

Ah yes, the message delete issue... I really need to pour a big glass of wine and get back in there and delete those messages...one at a time.

Please let me just take a second to thank you for all the heavy lifting you do with the Classifieds. Kind of a Herculean chore, checking and changing all the sold listings. And keeping us in line when we need a little shepherding. Or cheerleading. We all owe you—the work is appreciated.
mauichef

Post by mauichef »

LaVieestBelle wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 8:45 pm Ah yes, the message delete issue... I really need to pour a big glass of wine and get back in there and delete those messages...one at a time.

Please let me just take a second to thank you for all the heavy lifting you do with the Classifieds. Kind of a Herculean chore, checking and changing all the sold listings. And keeping us in line when we need a little shepherding. Or cheerleading. We all owe you—the work is appreciated.
Many mahalos Cindy. It certainly can be a time consuming thing that sometimes we have to step away from for a bit. So things can get backed up once in a while. But we have a great team of Mods, I think some of the best in the business (OK I'm biassed)

As for the messages issue....try creating a new message in-box.

Go to "Rules, folders & settings" and create a new folder (mine is New Messages). Set the "If Folder is Full" rule to go to "New Messages".
Should be all good to go :D

Aloha to all. Stay safe and well.
nakneker

Post by nakneker »

What Cindy said, I wouldn’t want to be the one in charge of constantly updating threads. I know a lot of classified ads don’t get update by the OP or they aren’t clear in the title of the thread which just makes the job harder.

You do a great job Ray, maybe someday you’ll get the opportunity to modify the ads so they can be self marked or moved into the grave yard. The classifieds is one of the fun parts of the forum and many thanks are due to you and everybody that make it happen and the rest of this place click... this is my favorite chef knife place for sure.

Now maybe I’ll go start a political thread and see what trouble I can start......
“The goal is to die with memories, not dreams.”
Kalaeb

Post by Kalaeb »

Besides Ray, I don't even know who the other mods are?
XexoX

Post by XexoX »

Kalaeb wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:35 pm Besides Ray, I don't even know who the other mods are?
click Here to see who the mods are.
You can blame Mr. Suburban for my being here. :lol:
The thing about quotes on the internet is you can not confirm their validity. -- Abraham Lincoln
All steels are equal if you can't keep them sharp. -- Jeff B.