We want to do another raffle. What knife?

We're interested in doing a monthly donation to charities and we want to spread it around and help good organizations that interest you. If you post your favorite charity in this Forum we'll consider giving to it.
ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin

Re: We want to do another raffle. What knife?

Post by ChefKnivesToGo »

Doing one of Kurosaki's knvies appeals to me. I could do something like this: https://www.chefknivestogo.com/kushr2gy24bo.html
Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo
https://www.chefknivestogo.com/newarrivals.html
Jeff B

Post by Jeff B »

ChefKnivesToGo wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:33 pm Doing one of Kurosaki's knvies appeals to me. I could do something like this: https://www.chefknivestogo.com/kushr2gy24bo.html
And throw in a T-shirt. :D
If God wanted me to be a vegetarian he wouldn't have made animals taste so good.
delmar

Post by delmar »

ChefKnivesToGo wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:33 pm Doing one of Kurosaki's knvies appeals to me. I could do something like this: https://www.chefknivestogo.com/kushr2gy24bo.html
I concur. I like the idea of getting a knife from a smith that you have been quite vocal about (perhaps, championed for?) and watching his catalog grow. There is good synergy there. And the knife is approachable for many and might boost sales.
Altadan

Post by Altadan »

What about choice of 210/240?

Would it be possible and/or desirable for CKTG to choose a certain knife for the raffle (e.g., Shizuku R2 custom), and people can raffle for either the 240 or the 210 version, according to their choice when they win.
I'm thinking that might get more participants in
“If we conquer our passions it is more from their weakness than from our strength.”
― François de La Rochefoucauld
bravo7490

Post by bravo7490 »

"While there are a lot of guys wanting larger/longer knives, I believe there are even more 210 guys that would buy a ticket for something they could use not collect or sell to get what they want. With that in mind Im picking a 210 (or 3). While it seems most of the 210 stock is decimated, these are in stock:"

Where and how do I buy the tickets?
Bob Z

Post by Bob Z »

Just as I was thinking about how you could offer a 210 or a 240 for a well stocked line like Kurosaki or Makoto I saw Dans post above and think thats a great idea. Offer a choice of 210 or 240. Keep a stock handle or do a natural wood grain or ebony type (not pastels or wild stuff) that would appeal to everyone or offer a handle from a handle maker to go with it.

Sign me up!
Altadan

Post by Altadan »

Where will the proceeds go this time?
“If we conquer our passions it is more from their weakness than from our strength.”
― François de La Rochefoucauld
Jeff B

Post by Jeff B »

bravo7490 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:37 pm Where and how do I buy the tickets?
It hasn't started yet. There will be a link posted when it does and you will be able to find it on the CKTG Instagram page.
If God wanted me to be a vegetarian he wouldn't have made animals taste so good.
XexoX

Post by XexoX »

Not being here for previous raffles, a few questions come to mind.
  1. What knives have been raffled in the past?
  2. Can tickets be bought without PayPal? (don't have an account, nor will I get one, don't ask)
  3. Does the knife come out of CKTG's inventory, or does the knife maker donate the knife?
  4. How much have tickets cost in the past?
Enquiring minds want to know.

Thank you.
You can blame Mr. Suburban for my being here. :lol:
The thing about quotes on the internet is you can not confirm their validity. -- Abraham Lincoln
All steels are equal if you can't keep them sharp. -- Jeff B.
Jeff B

Post by Jeff B »

XexoX wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:39 pm Not being here for previous raffles, a few questions come to mind.

Thank you.
  1. What knives have been raffled in the past? Usually Gyutos of various brands but could be anything.
  2. Can tickets be bought without PayPal? (don't have an account, nor will I get one, don't ask) Yes
  3. Does the knife come out of CKTG's inventory, or does the knife maker donate the knife? Either but usually CKTG inventory.
  4. How much have tickets cost in the past? Last one was $5 per entry with unlimited entries available but that could change.
XexoX

Post by XexoX »

Thank you Mr. B! You are most kind.
The thing about quotes on the internet is you can not confirm their validity. -- Abraham Lincoln
Jeff B

Post by Jeff B »

XexoX wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:13 pm Thank you Mr. B! You are most kind.
My pleasure. And I've already warned you about that "Mr." stuff! :P
XexoX

Post by XexoX »

Jeff B wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:22 pm
I'm old Mr. B, and have no recollection of such warning! Nor can I find it. Pray, enlighten me as to when said warning took place, so I may refresh my failing memory, which will then fail, once again, as always. :mrgreen:
Jeff B

Post by Jeff B »

XexoX wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:39 pm
Jeff B wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:22 pm
I'm old Mr. B, and have no recollection of such warning! Nor can I find it. Pray, enlighten me as to when said warning took place, so I may refresh my failing memory, which will then fail, once again, as always. :mrgreen:
https://www.chefknivestogoforums.com/vi ... 55#p111355 Maybe you just didn't see it... ;)
XexoX

Post by XexoX »

Jeff B wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:41 pm
XexoX wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:39 pm
Jeff B wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:22 pm My pleasure. And I've already warned you about that "Mr." stuff! :P
https://www.chefknivestogoforums.com/vi ... 55#p111355 Maybe you just didn't see it... ;)
Thank you ever so much for pointing me to the said warning. Alas, you are correct in that assessment of my lack of careful reading of all posts. :shock: Sigh, in my dotage, I have taken to skimming on the reading of many things, which results in embarrassing situations such as this. :oops: I will try to remedy this issue, but, as the saying goes, it is hard to teach an old dog new tricks. I will strive to forgo the Mister part of address, and thank you for your kindness and understanding in these difficult times Sir Jeff. ;)
Jeff B

Post by Jeff B »

XexoX wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:06 pm
Jeff B wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:41 pm
XexoX wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:39 pm I'm old Mr. B, and have no recollection of such warning! Nor can I find it. Pray, enlighten me as to when said warning took place, so I may refresh my failing memory, which will then fail, once again, as always. :mrgreen:
Thank you ever so much for pointing me to the said warning. Alas, you are correct in that assessment of my lack of careful reading of all posts. :shock: Sigh, in my dotage, I have taken to skimming on the reading of many things, which results in embarrassing situations such as this. :oops: I will try to remedy this issue, but, as the saying goes, it is hard to teach an old dog new tricks. I will strive to forgo the Mister part of address, and thank you for your kindness and understanding in these difficult times Sir Jeff. ;)
Oh...nevermind... :roll: ... :D
XexoX

Post by XexoX »

So, has a decision been made? When may we buy raffle tickets?
XexoX

Post by XexoX »

XexoX wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:17 pm So, has a decision been made? When may we buy raffle tickets?
Did I miss the raffle?
ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin

Post by ChefKnivesToGo »

You didn’t miss it. I wanted to give it a little time before I did the next one and was also hoping a for a good knife to arrive that would make a good candidate for a raffle.
Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo
https://www.chefknivestogo.com/newarrivals.html
XexoX

Post by XexoX »

ChefKnivesToGo wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:36 am You didn’t miss it. I wanted to give it a little time before I did the next one and was also hoping a for a good knife to arrive that would make a good candidate for a raffle.
Thanks. A long tease to keep us on the hook. I wait with bated breath ( whatever that old phrase means). Please announce the details in this thread, I can be oblivious and miss things easily. :lol: