Thermapen Classic $59

Post great deals you've discovered on kitchenware like pots & pans, countertop appliances, knife blocks, towels and gadgets, etc.
Forum rules
Post great deals you've discovered on kitchenware like pots & pans, countertop appliances, knife blocks, towels and gadgets, etc.

Please do not announce deals from competitors on knives and sharpening stones. We reserve the right to delete posts that violate these rules.
Jeff B

Thermapen Classic $59

Post by Jeff B »

If God wanted me to be a vegetarian he wouldn't have made animals taste so good.
Carter

Re: Thermapen Classic $59

Post by Carter »

Lovely, I just bought a new one a few weeks ago at regular price.
Jeff B

Post by Jeff B »

Carter wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:54 pm Lovely, I just bought a new one a few weeks ago at regular price.
Come on Carter, you never buy one of these at full price, they go on sale to often! :D
If God wanted me to be a vegetarian he wouldn't have made animals taste so good.
Carter

Post by Carter »

Jeff B wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:08 pm
Carter wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:54 pm Lovely, I just bought a new one a few weeks ago at regular price.
Come on Carter, you never buy one of these at full price, they go on sale to often! :D
Yes, I know. I purchased one of the Thermapro $12 thermometers on Amazon 2 yrs ago....been happy with performance, but not with construction, especially the F/C button and battery compartment. Wife and kids got me the Thermapen Mk4 model as a Christmas present, so I had to order and couldn't wait for a sale for any of Thermoworks products...need it here for the 25th, so I ordered it a few weeks ago.
snipes

Post by snipes »

One of these days I'll try one of these fancy shmancy thermometers. Maybe 2019 will be the year.
Carter

Post by Carter »

snipes wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:21 am One of these days I'll try one of these fancy shmancy thermometers. Maybe 2019 will be the year.
Huge difference over my cheap thermometer from the post above...the Thermapen is much more rugged, and faster to show the correct temp. I also like the rotating display. Would buy again!
Jeff B

Post by Jeff B »

$59 again right now. Worth every penny!

https://www.thermoworks.com/Classic-The ... 1594595336
snipes

Post by snipes »

Ok, so I'm inching myself slowly towards getting one of these. Question: When checking the temp of a piece of meat how quickly does the temperature display go back down when you remove the probe? I was checking my steak over the weekend as it was getting close and wanted to check more than one place, but the probe temp continued to show the residual temperature after removing it while it air cooled. Does the Thermapen behave differently? I'd like it to go back to closer to room temp before inserting it quickly again. Possible?
Jeff B

Post by Jeff B »

snipes wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:20 pm Ok, so I'm inching myself slowly towards getting one of these. Question: When checking the temp of a piece of meat how quickly does the temperature display go back down when you remove the probe? I was checking my steak over the weekend as it was getting close and wanted to check more than one place, but the probe temp continued to show the residual temperature after removing it while it air cooled. Does the Thermapen behave differently? I'd like it to go back to closer to room temp before inserting it quickly again. Possible?
Hi Brad,

The Thermapen shows an accurate temp within 3 seconds when inserting it into meat. The temp starts to drop immediately when you remove it from a product. You can reinsert it again and get an accurate temp within a couple seconds. How long does it take to actually get back to room temp? I don't really know, never watched to see, but it does fall very fast when removed from a heat source.

I was skeptical if it could really be that much better than other thermometers I had, including a couple others from Thermoworks, but it really does blow away anything I've ever used. I absolutely love mine, have no regrets getting one and wish I had bought it much sooner. I have three thermometers now sitting in a drawer no longer used that combined cost more than the Thermapen. It's worth every penny, especially when it's on sale! :D
polytope

Post by polytope »

snipes wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:20 pm I was checking my steak over the weekend as it was getting close and wanted to check more than one place, but the probe temp continued to show the residual temperature after removing it while it air cooled. Does the Thermapen behave differently?
Leave-in probes and instant-read thermometers are designed for different applications and make different tradeoffs. I have a leave-in probe from Thermoworks and it's slower to react than the Thermopen that I later bought. So your probe isn't necessarily worse, or poorly designed; but if you want to make quick spot readings then a Thermopen will likely be less bothersome.
Jeff B

Post by Jeff B »

On sale again 25% off, $59 Red and Blue Classic Thermapens - https://www.thermoworks.com/Classic-Thermapen
Jeff B

Post by Jeff B »

ronnie_suburban

Post by ronnie_suburban »

Jeff B wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:59 pm $59 again right now, private sale. https://www.thermoworks.com/Classic-The ... 1234069512
Gotta be 59 of the best dollars you can spend for your kitchen. Such a good price, I don't even need one and I'm tempted to buy another! :D
=R=
Half of cooking is thinking about cooking.
Jeff B

Post by Jeff B »

Jeff B

Post by Jeff B »

Been going on for the psat couple days again. If you've been considering but still on the fence now is the time.

https://www.thermoworks.com/Classic-The ... 1447372808
Jeff B

Post by Jeff B »

gladius

Post by gladius »

You should ask for commission Jeff. :)
Jeff B

Post by Jeff B »

Thermapen Classic $59 4th of July sale

https://www.thermoworks.com/Classic-The ... c-25off-cs
XexoX

Post by XexoX »

I some how missed when it went on sale, but today is the last day to get the Thermapen Classice for $59. Save 20 bucks.

They aren't having a traditional Black Friday sale, but are putting different things on sale for a short period of time. I've noticed that most things seem to go on sale around four times a year.
You can blame Mr. Suburban for my being here. :lol:
The thing about quotes on the internet is you can not confirm their validity. -- Abraham Lincoln
All steels are equal if you can't keep them sharp. -- Jeff B.
Jeff B

Post by Jeff B »

Holiday sale going on now - $59 for the classic.

https://www.thermoworks.com/Classic-Thermapen