Selling everything cheap

For questions/topics that don't fit into the other, more specific forums.
Willison_Knives

Selling everything cheap

Post by Willison_Knives »

liquidation sale.
If you have ever seen anything but didn't like my pricing, nows your chance. I havent been able to make any real sales. So Im just selling everything off. If its on my etsy i still have it. Make an offer.
Thanks for all the kind words.
Dakota J. Willison
Willison Knives
nevrknow

Re: Selling everything cheap

Post by nevrknow »

240mm gyuto/tall sujihiki for $200.90 sold!

I'll take it for full price.

And don't let this get you down. Keep plugging!!

Just PM me address please. I don't mess with etsy....ummm ever.
milkbaby

Post by milkbaby »

Well that was quick... out of curiosity I went to etsy and there's only one knife left! Congrats. :thumbsup:

Hang in there bro, it takes a while to build up your rep!
nevrknow

Post by nevrknow »

Glad to see others helping a brother out. Like was said Dakota, keep plugging. :)
Cutuu

Post by Cutuu »

nevrknow wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:56 pm Glad to see others helping a brother out. Like was said Dakota, keep plugging. :)
Yeah definitely dont feel too bad, it took me forever to srll my gs+ , which didnt have much of a rep, but obviously made by konosuke
Willison_Knives

soooo, I don't know how to put this. Today, i was ready to hang in the towel. I just was trying to sell anything for any price. To my amazement, seriously didn't expect this, all my listed knives are sold.

I'm a little embarrassed, because of how big of a change my day took.

Just want to say thank you!
Dakota J. Willison
Willison Knives
Bensbites

Post by Bensbites »

Congrats.
Cutuu

Post by Cutuu »

Willison_Knives wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:49 pm soooo, I don't know how to put this. Today, i was ready to hang in the towel. I just was trying to sell anything for any price. To my amazement, seriously didn't expect this, all my listed knives are sold.

Good for u man. I heard of this one smith, u probably never heard of him, who supposedly thought hard about quitting. His name was kurosaki. I heard he's pretty good now ;)
Jeff B

Post by Jeff B »

Willison_Knives wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:49 pm soooo, I don't know how to put this. Today, i was ready to hang in the towel. I just was trying to sell anything for any price. To my amazement, seriously didn't expect this, all my listed knives are sold.

Excellent news Dakota and you keep pluggin along and hang in there! You have too much skill to just hang it up!

And as far as Etsy goes...uummm...lets just say you need to post more stuff for sale here and on other knife forums to generate more sales! :D
If God wanted me to be a vegetarian he wouldn't have made animals taste so good.
Chefspence

Post by Chefspence »

Just so you know, I've thought about quitting two businesses that I've started. I didn't and they're both very successful. Stick with it dude and learn along the way. I like your knives, but am only in the market to try as many as I can until I figure out exactly what I like. I've seen a couple of yours that I'd like to try, but...not my market, sorry.
jmcnelly85

Post by jmcnelly85 »

I know for certain you've made at least one outstanding knife, keep at it and word will spread. If I come across people looking for customs I have no problem dropping your name.
Willison_Knives

Chefspence wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:24 am Just so you know, I've thought about quitting two businesses that I've started. I didn't and they're both very successful. Stick with it dude and learn along the way. I like your knives, but am only in the market to try as many as I can until I figure out exactly what I like. I've seen a couple of yours that I'd like to try, but...not my market, sorry.
dont be sorry! I can't please everyone.
jmcnelly85 wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:43 pm I know for certain you've made at least one outstanding knife, keep at it and word will spread. If I come across people looking for customs I have no problem dropping your name.
thanks! For now ill be doing a lot less then before but hopefully that changes
Dakota J. Willison
Willison Knives
Georgek

Post by Georgek »

Congratulations!

I agree with everybody else, keep plugging and list more here and other knife forums
:)
slobound

Post by slobound »

Keep at it, Dakota!
-- Garrick
Kalaeb

Post by Kalaeb »

Keep in mind, most of your Japanese competition has multiple decades (some 40-50 years)of experience in kitchen knives. If I recall, you made your first kitchen knife <1 year ago.

Even among US makers the competition is stiff, most of the guys who make it also have multiple decades of experience, many with an MS or JS stamp... I can think of maybe two US makers who have been an instant hit...quick ROI on kitchen knives is simply not going to happen. There is a reason most of them consider it a hobby.
Willison_Knives

Kalaeb wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:04 pm Keep in mind, most of your Japanese competition has multiple decades (some 40-50 years)of experience in kitchen knives. If I recall, you made your first kitchen knife <1 year ago.

Even among US makers the competition is stiff, most of the guys who make it also have multiple decades of experience, many with an MS or JS stamp... I can think of maybe two US makers who have been an instant hit...quick ROI on kitchen knives is simply not going to happen. There is a reason most of them consider it a hobby.
completely agree with you. I had an oppurtunity to do this full time and I tried/trying. Got one last major attempt to get my name out there(because thats really imo what matters. A lot of amazing knives never get seen let alone sold.) and if it doesn't help, then I'm going to be a hobbiest. Once a month ill be making a knife for my patreon, so at least i can keep learning!
Dakota J. Willison
Willison Knives