Welcome To Chefknivestogo Forums! Introduce Yourself!

For questions/topics that don't fit into the other, more specific forums.
ChipB

Re: Welcome To Chefknivestogo Forums!

Post by ChipB »

Hey all, thanks for the warm welcome back. Hope everything has been well with everyone over the past couple of years and look forward to catching up!
ChipB

Post by ChipB »

ken123 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:13 am Welcome back !

---
Ken
Thanks Ken, miss talking shop! I'm sure I'll be hitting you up for some J-nat EP stones in short order
ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin

Post by ChefKnivesToGo »

Hi Chip,

Welcome back. :)
Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo
https://www.chefknivestogo.com/newarrivals.html
rootbeersoup

Post by rootbeersoup »

Hi, I had an account on the old forums (same username)

I was wondering if there was a way to migrate my old post count so I could post on the classifieds? Unfortunately I need to part with some prized possessions (Konosukes)
Captain Kirk

Post by Captain Kirk »

Hi

Name is Nikolai Kirkham from Tenants Harbor Maine.
I’ve met one forum member Kevin Solsten and seen his knives also have looked around here for a bit. Can’t wait to graduate from my stainless Wusthof Santoku that is 20 years old now! Looking at a new Santoku- perhaps Kanehide or Yoki .. also liking the Konosuke knives .. Fujiyama and even stainless ..

We have children and partners who put everything in the sink and even dishwasher including wooden and wooden handled utensils and cutting boards. So as much as I like the idea of honing a sick AS edge before chopping dinner, there is a learning curve, and I prefer my magnetic knife rack to having to hide things for fear of them getting misused. So there is my dilemma.
Slipweav2k

Post by Slipweav2k »

Hello, I am new to the forum and I want to thank you! I have been working and or running professional kitchens for 18 years now and I'm always giving info and pointers on knives, not only technique but also what knife would suit the person better. In fact I have become the "guy to talk to" when it comes to knives. I found cktg about a year ago and since then it has literally made my life so much easier with the extent of detail you put into informing your clientele of your products. I have sold 6 knives from your site and everyone has not only been a great product but also been backed by amazing customer service, not to mention the unheard of shipping rate! I myself have not bought my own yet because I'm holding out for the perfect set. I mainly joined to hopefully be "in the loop" for certain restocks or possible new products to come out. And if there is any way I can help please feel free to ask.
༒ৡึ√៛Ꭾ☣ฬ६ค℧2҉Ӄ༒
slickmamba

Post by slickmamba »

Hey guys, home chef here from California who wants to get into japanese knives and sharpening, I have a Zkramer carbon steel, shun nakiri, and a bunch of beater zwilling stuff chinese cleavers and want to pick up a deba, yanagiba, and gyuto at some point in the future! Looking forward to meeting you all and learning more about japanese knives!
DonaldCagew

Welcome To Chefknivestogo Forums

Post by DonaldCagew »

Welcome to the forums - if you are new, or even if you arent , start an introduction thread and tell us a little about yourselves and your dog/s. Wed like this forum to have a real community feel so lets get to know one another a bit better.
Visit blog
Nelson_Baboon

Post by Nelson_Baboon »

Hi. I'm quite new to all of this, and am a rank beginner. That hasn't stopped me from getting obsessed with knives, though my current enjoyment of them does not yet extend much to the vocabulary and the concepts. In short, I'll probably babble once I get the courage to talk.

I just saw this forum after purchasing my first knife at the store - a Konosuke MB White #2 Gyuto 240mm. Just like a crazed beginner to overspend on something that he knows precious little about, but knows that that he will enjoy.

I had the further financial misfortune to learn that I'm just a few doors down from one of 2 (afaik) San Francisco cutlery stores, The Town Cutler....i did pick up one of these: https://towncutler.com/collections/kniv ... rbon-steel

I also recently bought a beautiful cutting board from the Boardsmith. I hadn't realized how much more pleasurable the cutting experience is on such a nice cutting board (compared to my previous cheap one, purchased on Amazon).
knifefan5

Post by knifefan5 »

Hello! I'm new to this forum. my name is Igor. I take a great interest in kitchen knifes. I'm learning to cook different dishes. I'm fond of cooking different roles. sometimes I try to cook desserts.
I hope for a warm welcome to a large family)
Lepus

Post by Lepus »

Good luck, Igor. This can be a very rewarding hobby.
knifefan5

Post by knifefan5 »

Thank you very much for your hospitality! I wish everyone a sound and stable health, success in any endeavors!
MadRookie

Post by MadRookie »

Hey Mark/ Susan,

Trust you guys are keeping well.

:)
Lepus

Post by Lepus »

Good to see you here, Rookie.
MadRookie

Post by MadRookie »

Thx Lepus!
Jeff B

Post by Jeff B »

And look who arose from the dead! Beginning to think you didn't like us anymore...

Need to see some more pictures of some awesome fish and custom Spydercos!
If God wanted me to be a vegetarian he wouldn't have made animals taste so good.
Changy915

Post by Changy915 »

Hi there,

I started on this slippery slope after going to a sharpening class with my gf. She didn't really care much for the sharpening but it got me hooked. At least now I can blame my gf for all my expenses.

Changy
Tbasabas

Post by Tbasabas »

Hey all!
My name is Travis, new to forum. Bought one Japanese knife, and now I can't seem to stop :? haha. There's plenty on info here to learn from. Pleased to be a member :D
ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin

Post by ChefKnivesToGo »

Tbasabas wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:15 am Hey all!
My name is Travis, new to forum. Bought one Japanese knife, and now I can't seem to stop :? haha. There's plenty on info here to learn from. Pleased to be a member :D
Welcome Travis!
Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo
https://www.chefknivestogo.com/newarrivals.html
Martin

Post by Martin »

Hi everyone, I am Martin. I have a couple of Shun knives. I am here to learn more