Site Issues?

For questions/topics that don't fit into the other, more specific forums.
ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin

Site Issues?

Post by ChefKnivesToGo »

We've gotten several complaints about our website (chefknivestogo.com not the forum) being down or having a jumbled look. Has this been happening or am I getting trolled? Usually, if there is a problem you guys tell me.
Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo
https://www.chefknivestogo.com/newarrivals.html
STPepper9

Re: Site Issues?

Post by STPepper9 »

The normal website has been fine for me
raleighcook15

Post by raleighcook15 »

ChefKnivesToGo wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:53 am We've gotten several complaints about our website (chefknivestogo.com not the forum) being down or having a jumbled look. Has this been happening or am I getting trolled? Usually, if there is a problem you guys tell me.
Its been an issue on mobile for sure
jmcnelly85

Post by jmcnelly85 »

I haven’t noticed a problem
Carter

Post by Carter »

I've been having issues for weeks on two of my computers. When I go to the Forum or refresh, I get a error page...sometimes it persists for several minutes, other times reloading/refreshing a few times and it works. I will get a screen shot when it happens again....usually several times a day. Think the msg says something about a DNS error.
ronnie_suburban

Post by ronnie_suburban »

Carter wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:33 am I've been having issues for weeks on two of my computers. When I go to the Forum or refresh, I get a error page...sometimes it persists for several minutes, other times reloading/refreshing a few times and it works. I will get a screen shot when it happens again....usually several times a day. Think the msg says something about a DNS error.
Yes, I get this DNS error fairly regularly here in the forums. However, I have not experienced any technical issues on the main site. When visiting there, I'm almost exclusively on my desktop and almost never on a mobile device.
=R=
Half of cooking is thinking about cooking.
Kalaeb

Post by Kalaeb »

Same, DNS issues with the forum occasionally, but main site has always worked well.
Robstreperous

Post by Robstreperous »

The store site was coming back to me with "Primitives" for the home page. HTML links where there hsould have been images. Clicking on the links led back to the home page. As of a moment ago it was fine though.
jacko9

Post by jacko9 »

I haven't seen any issues with the store site on my iMac computer. I don't try to access it on my iPhone since the screen is too small.
Bob Z

Post by Bob Z »

Sometimes i get an errors on the main site but many errors when clicking forum links or even getting to the forum itself. this has been persistent for a few weeks now.
Bear007

Post by Bear007 »

I've been having issues on the forum, message says the forum is overloaded, I'll take a screenshot next time.
Drewski

Post by Drewski »

Bear007 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:12 pm I've been having issues on the forum, message says the forum is overloaded, I'll take a screenshot next time.
I've seen this before as well, but not often.
MisoSatisfried

Post by MisoSatisfried »

Carter wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:33 am I've been having issues for weeks on two of my computers. When I go to the Forum or refresh, I get a error page...sometimes it persists for several minutes, other times reloading/refreshing a few times and it works. I will get a screen shot when it happens again....usually several times a day. Think the msg says something about a DNS error.
I have the same issues, but I'm typically on my mobile. It's been this way for a few weeks, but typically only affects the forum for me I believe.
I'm Dave. I don't take myself too seriously and you probably shouldn't either.
Jeff B

Post by Jeff B »

He's talking about the store site guys...

I haven't had any problems and just made an order.
If God wanted me to be a vegetarian he wouldn't have made animals taste so good.
ButlerHoosierChef

Post by ButlerHoosierChef »

I have seen the store site from mobile phone a couple times to be jumbled up. On my mobile phone I have gotten the past 2 weeks the forum Error Source Code. I am using latest Google Chrome on Galaxy Note 10+.
hz_zzzzzz

Post by hz_zzzzzz »

The main site showed weird layout on my iPhone/safari on Thursday.
bruin

Post by bruin »

Robstreperous wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:23 pm The store site was coming back to me with "Primitives" for the home page. HTML links where there hsould have been images. Clicking on the links led back to the home page. As of a moment ago it was fine though.
I’ve had this happen to me a couple times in the past week but for the most part it’s been fine.
Spyne

Post by Spyne »

Normal website has been perfect, but the forums are terrible for me across three different devices and networks.
Always getting DNS errors - would be close to 85% down, 15% working over the last week and a bit.

Error 1016
Origin DNS error

What happened?
You've requested a page on a website (www.chefknivestogoforums.com) that is on the Cloudflare network. Cloudflare is currently unable to resolve your requested domain (www.chefknivestogoforums.com).

What can I do?
If you are a visitor of this website:
Please try again in a few minutes.

If you are the owner of this website:
Check your DNS settings. If you are using a CNAME origin record, make sure it is valid and resolvable. Additional troubleshooting information here.
Jeff B

Post by Jeff B »

I haven't been able to add products to Favorites lately.
If God wanted me to be a vegetarian he wouldn't have made animals taste so good.
Banzai_Burrito

Post by Banzai_Burrito »

Main cktg website has been fine for me, but forum site I'll get DNS issues. On mobile if that makes a difference