Typographical errors on the site.

For questions/topics that don't fit into the other, more specific forums.
ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin

Re: Typographical errors on the site.

Post by ChefKnivesToGo »

XexoX wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:43 pm Just noticed in the description for the Kurosaki Fujin VG10 Gyuto 210mm says the specifications for 240 mm is typical. I think it is a 210 though. Either that or the title for the knife is wrong.
Thanks very much. :)

I reuse some pages and the one I reused was a 240 gyuto. I thought I had changed all the specs and mention of the 240 but apparently, I was mistaken.
If you didn't catch it that page would have stayed like that for 10 years. hahahah
Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo
https://www.chefknivestogo.com/newarrivals.html
XexoX

Post by XexoX »

ChefKnivesToGo wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:22 am
XexoX wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:43 pm Just noticed in the description for the Kurosaki Fujin VG10 Gyuto 210mm says the specifications for 240 mm is typical. I think it is a 210 though. Either that or the title for the knife is wrong.
Thanks very much. :)

I reuse some pages and the one I reused was a 240 gyuto. I thought I had changed all the specs and mention of the 240 but apparently, I was mistaken.
If you didn't catch it that page would have stayed like that for 10 years. hahahah
Most welcome. I figured you had copied it from somewhere and I know how hard it is to catch all the things needing to be changed. Done it myself when I was still working lots of times.
You can blame Mr. Suburban for my being here. :lol:
The thing about quotes on the internet is you can not confirm their validity. -- Abraham Lincoln
All steels are equal if you can't keep them sharp. -- Jeff B.
d_rap

Post by d_rap »

Just to bump this up Mark in case you missed my post the Kurosaki Senko nakiri includes bunka photos and gets called a bunka in the full third paragraph.

Those are some attractive knives btw.
David
XexoX

Post by XexoX »

d_rap wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:13 am Just to bump this up Mark in case you missed my post the Kurosaki Senko nakiri includes bunka photos and gets called a bunka in the full third paragraph.

Was just going to post this one, but you beat me to it! I'll post a link to make it easy for Mark to find. Kurosaki Senko SG2 Nakiri 165mm. And Mr. Rap is right, nice looking knife.

I also found the Kobayashi SG2 Nakiri 165mm talks about a Kobayashi SG2 Santoku 170mm in the first paragraph, but the pictures are right!

Mark, you need a break. You are working too hard. :mrgreen:
The thing about quotes on the internet is you can not confirm their validity. -- Abraham Lincoln
mauichef

Post by mauichef »

XexoX wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:20 pm
d_rap wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:13 am Just to bump this up Mark in case you missed my post the Kurosaki Senko nakiri includes bunka photos and gets called a bunka in the full third paragraph.

Was just going to post this one, but you beat me to it! I'll post a link to make it easy for Mark to find. Kurosaki Senko SG2 Nakiri 165mm. And Mr. Rap is right, nice looking knife.

I also found the Kobayashi SG2 Nakiri 165mm talks about a Kobayashi SG2 Santoku 170mm in the first paragraph, but the pictures are right!

I am letting the side down recently....busy selling our home.
My bad guys........Mark is innocent :(
XexoX

Post by XexoX »

mauichef wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:00 pm
XexoX wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:20 pm

I am letting the side down recently....busy selling our home.
My bad guys........Mark is innocent :(
Are you sure he is innocent? He looks like he can have his moments.

And selling your home and moving are valid reasons for slipping on things like this. Plus you've got your art, and bread baking to do as well.
TheLegalRazor

Post by TheLegalRazor »

This pertains to the listing for the Saji Rainbow Blue #2 Wa Gyuto 240mm. Both the title of the listing and the photo reflect a Wa handle. However, the last paragraph of the listing describes an Ironwood western handle.

www.chefknivestogo.com/sarabl2wagy2.html
Ricardo
Afjagjones

Post by Afjagjones »

Jeff B wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:33 am I had to stop looking at the store sight and finding errors, it was costing me too much money! :(
You know - it would be awesome if there was a discount for finding an error. . . . the added incentive to look at the site would drive me into poverty.
Afjagjones

Post by Afjagjones »

Jeff B wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:33 am I had to stop looking at the store sight and finding errors, it was costing me too much money! :(
:D :lol:
You know, If there was a discount for finding errors, the number of errors to resolve would stay the same but we'd all go broke looking for more.
aurrico

Post by aurrico »

I noticed this one on the Harukaze Knives page. The last sentence of the description at the top of the page reads,
“We predict these should be a big hit with out customers looking for...”. It looks like you meant to say “our customers”
salemj

Post by salemj »

Not a typographical error, but I would strongly encourage you to put a disclaimer on this new page: https://www.chefknivestogo.com/procookset.html

The Tojiro-supplied photo of the knife roll is really misleading to some customers, and I can only imagine the complaints given how little shoppers using their phones read any text or descriptions, ever...

Otherwise, nice set!
~J

Comments: I'm short, a home cook, prefer lighter, thinner blades, and have tried dozens of brands over the years.
ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin

Post by ChefKnivesToGo »

Hi Joe,

I removed the second photo which I think is what you're talking about?

Take a look now.
Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo
ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin

Post by ChefKnivesToGo »

aurrico wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:50 pm I noticed this one on the Harukaze Knives page. The last sentence of the description at the top of the page reads,
“We predict these should be a big hit with out customers looking for...”. It looks like you meant to say “our customers”
Thanks!

I'll fix that now. I encourage you guys to link to the page so I can make sure I find the error. I found this one easily but sometimes I have to hunt.
Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo
aurrico

Post by aurrico »

ChefKnivesToGo wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:55 pm
aurrico wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:50 pm I noticed this one on the Harukaze Knives page. The last sentence of the description at the top of the page reads,
Thanks!

I'll fix that now. I encourage you guys to link to the page so I can make sure I find the error. I found this one easily but sometimes I have to hunt.
Sure thing. I came to check my post today thinking that it could be helpful to add the link but you got there first. Sorry about that.
aurrico

Post by aurrico »

The last two lines of stats for the TAKEDA STAINLESS CLAD SASANOHA 210MM MEDIUM seem to have a parenthesis issue. As you can see below the first line is missing the closing ")" and the second has replaced the opening "(" with a "T"
Thickness at Heel: 2 mm (They Vary
Blade Height: 49mm TThey Vary)
Here is the link: https://www.chefknivestogo.com/tastclyasm.html
aurrico

Post by aurrico »

The size and height line in the stats for the TAKEDA STAINLESS CLAD GYUTO 310MM EXTRA LARGE says 270mm. I'm pretty sure you mean 310mm.
Size and Height: They vary from knife to knife. About 270mm
Here is the link: https://www.chefknivestogo.com/tastclgy31ex.html
aurrico

Post by aurrico »

Based on the stats for the large Takeda cleaver, the TAKEDA STAINLESS CLAD CLEAVER SMALL is missing the word "Length" from the "Blade -" line. This line as well as the others shown below, except for Height, are using a '-' where the rest of the stat lines are using ":".
Blade - 205mm. Each one is a little different
Height: 110mm
Thickness - 3.00mm
Overall Length - 345mm
Weight - 12.5oz / 358g
Here is the link: https://www.chefknivestogo.com/tastclchclsm.html
aurrico

Post by aurrico »

There appears to be a typo in the 4th paragraph of the description for the Kohetsu HAP40 Nakiri 165mm. The 3rd sentence begins with
It come with a well finished black and grey handle made with Pakkawood.
I believe it should be "It comes..."

Here is the link: https://www.chefknivestogo.com/kohana17.html
Last edited by aurrico on Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
aurrico

Post by aurrico »

In the second paragraph of the description for the Kohetsu HAP40 Petty 120mm the 5th sentence describes a ho wood handle but the photos show the new grey pakkawood handle. Very nice handles by the way.
The nicely finished classic ho wood handle features a buffalo ferrule and is a perfect match to the understated look of this lovely little blade.
Here is the link: https://www.chefknivestogo.com/kohape121.html

I checked the other knives in the collection and they seem to be updated except for the Kohetsu HAP40 Honesuki 150mm. For the Honesuki it is the 3rd paragraph that refers to the ho wood handle.
This fun blade is coupled to a traditional ho wood octagonal handle and buffalo horn ferrule.
Here is the link: https://www.chefknivestogo.com/kohaho15.html
ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin

Post by ChefKnivesToGo »

Thanks we'll fix these today.
Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo