Konosuke SKD Tsuchime vs. Blue#2 Tetsujin

We encourage you to post your questions about kitchen knives here. We can give you help choosing a knife.
Mitch5

Konosuke SKD Tsuchime vs. Blue#2 Tetsujin

Post by Mitch5 »

I am torn between the Konosuke SKD Tsuchime and the Blue#2 Tetsujin. I am aware of all the technical differences and don’t really have a preference about stainless or not. I have a Konosuke Fujiyama FM Blue #2 Gyuto, and I just love the feel of it. I’m sure I would love either knife, which is why this is such a hard decision. I am just looking to get another knife that I will have fun with and enjoy using, I don’t have any specific needs. I’m leaning a little towards the Tetsujin, my only concern is that it is too similar to my Fujiyama FM. Any advice from someone that has tried either or both of these knives?
Also any information on the reactivity of the cladding on the Tetsujin vs. the Fujiyama FM?
Jason183

Re: Konosuke SKD Tsuchime vs. Blue#2 Tetsujin

Post by Jason183 »

I have neither but from what I’ve read the Konosuke SKD Tsuchime more liked mid weight workhorse, has more robust grinds. Blue#2 Tetsujin very similar to the Fujiyama FM except heat treated on softer side, that means it’s tougher than FM, but FM has a bit better edge retention.