Daovua knives?

We encourage you to post your questions about kitchen knives here. We can give you help choosing a knife.
thetoe

Re: Daovua knives?

Post by thetoe »

lsboogy wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:04 pm Did you wash your leaf spring knives - that took care of the smell problem - there is a lot of oil left in them - I washed mine with some dawn, dried it qquick and have had no smell problems with it.
I did, not sure what the deal is with them. Tomato and citrus seem to make them go crazy. Had I known this I would not have purchased. I think I have figured out the daovua sweet spot. They are perfect for niche knives that you want but know you won't use a lot. For me thats honeuski, slicer, kiri cleaver. If you're after a daily driver, look elsewhere IMO. This coming from someone who now owns 6 of them.
ronnie_suburban

Re: Daovua knives?

Post by ronnie_suburban »

I purchased a couple of the 135mm leaf spring steak knives and I really enjoy using them. They're on the large side, which I why haven't bought more of them (yet). As steak knives go, they're pretty cool looking -- and they're easy and fun to sharpen. I haven't noticed any off odor on the steak knives or the other couple Daovuas I own, all leaf spring.
=R=
Half of cooking is thinking about cooking.