The Intro...

For questions/topics that don't fit into the other, more specific forums.
Jason B.

The Intro...

Post by Jason B. »

Hello everyone!

My name is Jason, and I would like to welcome everyone to the Traditional Sharpening forum.

My sharpening obsession started at age 9 when I received my first Arkansas stone kit. I had a great teacher (my uncle) who showed me the basics then set me loose to learn from my mistakes. My path of learning was likely similar to most, reading books and hearing a lot of the old myths that still get passed around today. I started searching the web several years ago for a better way and a better answer to the overly complex questions that it seemed I had. I finally joined a forum a few years ago and it was like getting a system update on my sharpening knowledge, years of questions and simple termanology were answered while new questions about tools and blade steels arose. I purchased some stones and strop compounds and found myself in lust with shiny metal and edges with unbelievable sharpness. Along the way it was brought to my attention I had a rare talent for making steel sharp and so began my sharpening service to the world.

I chose the name Traditional Sharpening because I like to incorporate traditional style and technique with modern stones and steel. I specialize in Super alloys and Japanese style blades using the highest quality tools to give the proper look to every blade. I am a big fan of a natural polish and whenever possible work to provide that. I use the highest quality stones and hones to produce the keenest edges possible while balancing function and beauty for the best in cutting experiences.

So, start threads, Join discussions, tell friends, and get answers direct from me on complicated issues in your sharpening journey.

Thank you,
Jason

P.S. A big Thanks! to Mark Richmond for the Sharpener's Corner and the opportunity to be a part of it.