WTS Tilman Leder 270mm gyuto

This is a free service where you can buy and sell knives and sharpening equipment and kitchen tools. There is no fee for posting items but we require that you've made at least 30 posts on our forum before you post something for sale.
Forum rules
As stated in the description, we want to get to know you better before allowing new forum members to post items for sale. You will not be able to create topics until you reach a 30 post minimum. Please take your time and contribute to the forum discussions in a substantive way. SPAM posting to reach 30 posts is considered very bad form and could get you booted off these forums.

NOTE: If you have an item for sale and you are located outside the Continental U.S. please state your location so the buyer knows what to expect in a purchase transaction.
athel

WTS Tilman Leder 270mm gyuto

Post by athel »

I'm putting up for sale my custom 270mm Tilman Leder wa-gyuto. I'm the original owner, and I've used it lightly in a home environment for a couple of months, and it's been sharpened once, but otherwise it's sporting its original geometry. The knife cost $660 new, and I'm asking for $580 USD, including shipping within the US. I'm shipping from the continental US, but I'd potentially be open to an international sale if we split shipping charges.

It's a great knife with a solid middleweight grind and beautiful fit and finish (especially the handle, the relief on the choil and spine, and the finish on the blade itself). That said, I'm moving on because I'm looking for a 270 that's on the lighter side compared to this one. Here are a couple facts and measurements on the knife:

Steel: Niolox, stainless steel alloyed with niobium. Tilman is well-known for his heat treatment of this steel.

Spine thickness: 3.12mm at the handle, thinning down to a nice .85mm about 1 cm from the tip.

Height: 55mm at the heel

Weight: 247 grams

Handle: Stabilized maple burl with blonde buffalo horn ferrule and endcap (the endcap has some really nice black marbling), and nickel spacers.

Profile: The knife has a solid flat spot along ~40% of its length, before rising toward the tip. There's a tiny bit of recurve right at the heel.

Price: $580

Full set of pictures: https://imgur.com/gallery/n2YTd7U

Thanks for looking!

Bobo+

Re: WTS Tilman Leder 270mm gyuto

Post by Bobo+ »

Bump for awesome knife, Surprised this is still available.

athel

Post by athel »

Thanks for the kind words!

Anyway, bump and a price drop, down to $560.

athel

Post by athel »

This one's sold!